PDA

View Full Version : More beat haters

Midship
25-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Well I decided to go and get a cod and chip for my supper.. I was sitting in the car eating it when some junky walks by with a can in his hand, shouts something and spits on the car!!!! He then decided to sit on the ground beside a nearby ATM machine with a few more junk balls. Resisting the urge to wrap a steering lock over his head and running the risk of getting a syringe in the neck, I decided to ring the local police, Lucky I did.. as I was reporting the incident to the Garda on the phone, the same junky stole a bag off a passer by and ran, I followed the junky and described where he was until he was picked up, so he’s in a cell at the moment charged with criminal damage and robbery.

I don’t think nice cars and Dublin go together.. Oh I wish I was in the land of the rising sun!

Paul w
25-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a nice place!

What part of dublin is this? an odd numbered postal area? north of the river??

PW

Midship
26-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Hi Paul it happened Near the city centre... Phibsborough, odd numbers all right but im north too sure the north/south Dublin rule still exists

It comes back to something I heard some time ago..

In most societies the attitude to wealth would be the following:
"See that fella in the big house on the hill?.. One day I want to be like him "

In Ireland.....
"See that fella in the big house on the hill?..
Im gonna get that Cu*t!"

tinytim
26-10-2004, 07:22 PM
You'll have to move to Wales Mick, I get nothing but complements about the Beat,,,,and I'm English. Even the boyfriend of the woman who ran into me was curious about the car.
To be sure iDublin's a lovely place to vist, but to live there,,,,,you'd have to be Irish or something.:D