PDA

View Full Version : Bring a Beat up to date

Steve_M
20-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Have you noticed how the fashion now on cars is to have all clear lamps.

Well I saw some info on a Japanese website about a Beat's Orange Side Repeaters.

And Well here is the result!!

Just need to get some orange bulbs for in the lamps.

adrianp
20-10-2002, 09:54 PM
Here you go then Steve,

How about rear ones as well...

Work out at about 29,000 yen (£170 ish)

They also do the side ones...

Adrian
:bounce:

Steve_M
08-11-2002, 11:01 PM
The finished article

Paul w
09-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Looks great, but that pic highlights the only thing i dont like about the beats styling. those wheel arches (well, not so much an arch more of a meeting of panels!)

Any comments?

PW

Dion
11-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Steve,

Is there any chance of you sending me 2 clear lenses cut to the correct size to put in my side repeaters.

Or could you tell me where to get the clear plastic from, cut to the correct size.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything suitable.

Did you paint the bulbs orange or were they bought? If so, where did you buy them from?

Thanks,

Dion

Steve_M
11-11-2002, 08:01 PM
The clear lenses are made from a Honda CRV reverse light lense, I had been looking around trying to find some thing suitable, all i could find was clear arylic, but it really needed to be textured in some way to spread the light.

It then just so happened i had to replace a CRV reverse lamp cluster as the lower part, which is a red reflector was cracked, so a bit of work with the dremel and hey presto two round discs of textured plastic.

The orange bulbs i bought from Halfords, they are listed as 501A bulbs, they fit Honda Accord side repeaters (which are clear).

Some one told me you could get silvered bulbs which were orange when lit, but im not sure where sells them.

i sprayed the reflector with some chrome coloured paint and the surround with satin black. then glued the plastic lenses in with epoxy glue. i also sprayed them with light tint spray, but at the mo am not 100% sure if that looks right or not.

HTH

Dion
12-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Thanks Steve,

All I could find was clear acrylic too. I'll see if I can get some old lenses from a scrap yard or something.

Yours look really good, by the way.

Thanks for your help.

Dion.

Midship
15-01-2003, 10:17 PM
Hi Steve,

Ill be looking into making some clear lenses for myself in the near future. I was just looking at a mag for those Phillips silver lights that change to amber when lit their £14 and if you call ring automotive on 01132767676 they’ll be able to tell you where you local stockiest is.

HTH

Adam
16-01-2003, 12:14 AM
It looks very good Steve,

But another light is expansive. What if you find a nice set for any other car, make it fit, patch it up and respray the pannel. That way you have a lot of choice.

Just an idea.

C-Rex
02-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Massive thread revival but spotted these clear side repeaters for sale in Japan
If anyone was looking for them but dont fancy the DIY part you could go for these by SSI Factory..

http://www.ssi-factory.jp/7_27.html

http://www.ssi-factory.jp/7_228.html