PDA

View Full Version : Offers please : Used ECU's

Steve_M
29-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Any one interested in a couple of Beat ECU's.

Both have had Capacitor failure and have running faults (and come with description of fault)

Offers please.

Paul w
30-11-2004, 08:32 PM
What are the faults steve?

PW

Steve_M
30-11-2004, 09:11 PM
One was engine light on. Idle control fault stored. irratic idle speed.

Other was no perticuliar running fault, but engine light on all the time, but no codes stored when checked.

HTH

Jason
30-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey Steve,

I may be interested in an ECU. Particularly the second one. One question though; if either of the ECU's are used, does the car run?

Regards

Jason

Steve_M
30-11-2004, 11:18 PM
With either of these ECU's the engine runs, with the first one, it just wont idle perticuliarly well. irratic. the other one. there seems to be no actual running problems just light on all the time.

Jason
01-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Sounds kinda familiar. I'm interested though.

Steve_M
01-12-2004, 09:13 PM
This is a pic of the obvious damage caused by capacitor failure to the second ECU (good run, light on, no code)

Paul w
02-12-2004, 05:35 PM
There appears to be two chips missing too, mine has more than that......;)

Have you tried a repair on this one steve?

PW

Steve_M
02-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Paul w

Have you tried a repair on this one steve?

No, have not tried to repair this one.

Dont forget ive not got a Beat to test it on if I did.

Steve_M
04-12-2004, 04:49 PM
One sold.

Remaining:
Ecu with Idle problem/trouble code - has had some capacitors replaced but still faulty.

Jason
05-12-2004, 09:34 PM
The ECU I bought this year; on opening; had a broken capacitor in exactly the same spot as the one depicted above. It gives the same non fault code when checked as well. Not happy :(

Wh1teLeopard
06-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Steve_M
One sold.

Remaining:
Ecu with Idle problem/trouble code - has had some capacitors replaced but still faulty.

If you want it looked at my dad spent all his working life fixing broken boards... and he still has a go... if you want any of the components on it checking/replacing/fixing it might be worth asking my dad... just a thought.

wallace
21-03-2006, 12:22 PM
do you still have this ECU?

Steve_M
21-03-2006, 07:29 PM
No, sold to Phil@beatproducts, he may be able to help you out.

Beatproducts
24-03-2006, 01:46 PM
I think I have fixed the ECU by bridging the broken tracks originally when fitted to the car Idle was pulsing about 500rpm. Now it is steady, altough still getting a TDC warning but this could be due to a lack of energy when doing the camblet at the end of the cyclinder head change. When I get a chance to set the timing striaght I will let you know wether I cracked it!!!

obiwanwasabe
21-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Hiya, do you still have an ecu for sale?

Nick

Midship
21-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi Nick,

If its one in need of repair you want, I have one. Its running, but needs some repair (im not sure what!), its had new capicators and looks to have had a project A at some stage as the holder is soldered in.

Drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Michael:D

Paul w
21-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Yup, it did!

Let me know if you buy it, i did a bit of repair work on it, but never got chance to take it further.

PW

Beatproducts
22-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Managed to get the ECU I had off Mr Manser working and also we are looking at repairing another one. I will repaeat myself and definatley confirm there must be a link between a failing ECU and a burn out on No. 2 exhaust valve, I purchased my engine from your man in Cornwall and that lunched an exhaust valve and so did Petes in Worcester and is ECU was well eaten up!!!

The ECU capacitor failures must cause bad fuelling which in turn kills no. 2 exhaust valve has any one else had the same experience!!!

obiwanwasabe
23-04-2006, 06:27 AM
Interesting thought there, the lady who owned my beat previously had the ecu repaired by some idiot and then had some work 600 mls later on an undisclosed problem with the head, then 1000 mls later no2 cyl exhaust valve was burnt out, looks like it could be a capacitor problem as the capacitors that she had put in look to be totally different. The jerky driving my beat has is definately down to this poor ecu repair and I suspect underfueling is the problem but have no access to a rolling road here so I cannot definately prove it.
There again when I put my replacement engine in I initially used the injectors from the first engine and one injector was partially blocked so that could have caused a weak mixture on one cylinder and it could have burnt out a valve that way, I am going to have to check to see if the idiot who did the ecu repair hasn't also removed the mil light bulb! but am looking now at retracking my present circuit board before I purchase one that may have a more obscure problem than the one I already have!
Watch this space!

Nick

Steve_M
23-04-2006, 06:47 PM
I can concur that ECU capacitor failure causes fueling problems, notmally too rich and that I also know of a beat that with ECU problems burnt out valves, so it would not seem uncommon.

HTH