PDA

View Full Version : sqeaky brakes

JGGIB
10-12-2004, 09:18 AM
got a sqeaky brake ,think its the hand brake not coming right off,anyone tell me the order for removing pads etc? I take it its the piston not going bake ,do you know what page the brakes are on on the cd rom.

Wh1teLeopard
10-12-2004, 01:05 PM
I know people who've put WD40 on their brakes to stop it squeaking.... don't do that!!! :D

JGGIB
10-12-2004, 01:26 PM
doooooooh just done that.:)

adrianp
10-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Go for a fairly long drive then when you get back, have a feel of each of the wheels,

If something is sticking then one will be hotter thean the rest.

It's something I do roughly once a month to both by cars and is how I found out about my handbrake sticking.

Garage I use freed it off and coperslipped all the mechanisms, not been a problem since.

Ady.

Steve_M
10-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Quite common for either the pads to seize in the caliper or the sliders for the caliper to seize.

Just a case of dismantle every thing and check for movement in the slider and that the pads are free in the caliper.

less common but does occur is probelms with the piston seixing or the hanbrake pivot/mechanim seizing. again a bit of WD40 and working items back and forward should do the trick.

HTH

JGGIB
10-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Steve_M
Quite common for either the pads to seize in the caliper or the sliders for the caliper to seize.

Just a case of dismantle every thing and check for movement in the slider and that the pads are free in the caliper.

less common but does occur is probelms with the piston seixing or the hanbrake pivot/mechanim seizing. again a bit of WD40 and working items back and forward should do the trick.

silly question but is it easy to get the pads out of the caliper and also gettiing all back together.

HTH :confused: