PDA

View Full Version : help

JGGIB
26-01-2005, 07:57 PM
This is a none beat help..I have a toshiba lap top Satalite pro 4200 and its crashed ,it asks for the start up disk that came with the laptop this has long gone ..has anyone a disk or can put me in the right direction to borrow or buy one. :help:

adrianp
26-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Does it get past Bios before it asks???

You might be able to get away with just setting the machine to boot from CD and use a windows CD to re-install everything...

I guess you have things on there you don't want to loose unless you have too...??

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
27-01-2005, 04:07 PM
What platform is it using? Xp, NT, 98???

You might be able to get away with just re-installing your platform... like above post says.

I have an Xp disk which i wouldn't mind lending you, but I don't have any other platforms.

Paul w
27-01-2005, 04:46 PM
got XP, 2k, 98, ME...... let me know which you want!!

PW

adrianp
27-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Paul w
got XP, 2k, 98, ME...... let me know which you want!!

PW

That's quite a collection Paul...

Oh hang on, I've got those too:p

Also got 95 on CD and 3.1 on floppy somewhere...:rolleyes:

We should be able to get you running again....

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
27-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by adrianp
Also got 95 on CD and 3.1 on floppy somewhere...:rolleyes:

hee hee me too

JGGIB
27-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I bought a 20gb hard drive which has XP on fitted the hard drive in and it began to start and run it all seemed ok but now get screen come up saying it requires the start up disc ,Its driving me crackers,and getting all cufulled :explode: :explode: and I am moving house ......... but getting a nice garage for the beat so cant be that bad.

Wh1teLeopard
27-01-2005, 11:44 PM
just do what I do... threaten to increase it's RAM capabilities with a large hammer, or house brick... seems to work for my poor excuse for a PC

Paul w
28-01-2005, 09:14 AM
i'm guessing its looking for drivers for the laptop, as the drive came out of another pc. I'd flatten the hard drive and re-install xp if i was you

PW

tinytim
28-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I've just been through the manual for a satellite prp 4600 and it says.
"If preinstalled files are are damaged, use the Product Recovery CD-ROM or Toshiba Tools & Utilities CD-ROM to restore them."

I never got any with mine either???

If you do a google for Toshiba product recovery cd it comes up with a couple of sites, so you're going to have to download and burn one off I guess.

You need to put it in the CD drive and shut down, then holding the C key down, start up and release the C key when the Toshiba logo appears then "follow the on screen instructions".

Once recovery is complete press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and cross your fingers.

Best of luck:(