PDA

View Full Version : Roof repair needed

Wh1teLeopard
21-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Anybody got any contact details for a roof repairer in the midlands???

My zip has gone, and the back window is currently bein held up by duct tape....

please help me!!!!

I just need a new zip.

Paul w
21-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Didn't phil used to do an exchange service for these?

might be worth emailing 'beatproducts' for info?
pW

Wh1teLeopard
21-02-2005, 07:24 PM
contact details please

adrianp
21-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Hopefully I've got a full zip somewhere here...

When I bought my new roof from Honda, it came with a full zip on both parts so I kept the extra bits as a spare in case someone wanted one...

Now all I've got to do is remember where I put it...:confused:

I'll update this if/when I find it, Hopefully it won't take too long...

Ady.

JGGIB
23-02-2005, 06:59 PM
lamboghini killer.....I like it :bounce:
beat rules :cool:

adrianp
23-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Found it...:D

Drop me a message with your address and I'll pop it into the post to you at the weekend...

Probably not the easiest thing to fit but hopefully you can find somewhere to do it.

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
01-03-2005, 03:06 PM
The dude at a shop in Brownhills wanted £100 to sew some velcro on cause he said he couldn't put a new zip on....

then he suggested buying a new roof... or letting him make me a new one at roughly £400!!!

:mad:

That's just crazy to me, there is nothing wrong with the roof as it is apart from the fact the teeth on the zip don't meet...

:mad: :rolleyes:

How much are new roof's for beats?

Paul w
01-03-2005, 06:13 PM
about 370 from oxted (search for oxted on here)

PW

john m
01-03-2005, 06:14 PM
About 2 years ago i spent €450 (about £300) for a new Honda one with a rear window. The new and old windows had different zip patterns (teeth and spacing between teeth were different), so I couldnt use the old window as a spare, I passed the old one on to Adam to use as a template for the fabrication or a new roof. That could be why your zips dont match.
Adam, how did your roof work out?

adrianp
01-03-2005, 06:15 PM
I paid £650 for a new one through Honda... :suicide:

But that was new roof & rear screen though.

I'm sure there are other places who can do the zip for you.

Ady.

john m
01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Adrian, did you get the rubbers and installation for that? I got the rubbers and the total cost was a bit more than your total (about £700). The 9 rubbers were more expensive than the roof+window. I also fitted the roof myself, with the help of a friend panel beater so that cost nothing, again keeping down the costs.

LawrenceHarding
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
I got a new Honda one in January £635.73 (excluding VAT). Have you considered a needle and thread?

adrianp
01-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Nope, that was just the roof... I guess our prices are a lot more than your ones...

SteveM fitted mine for me at a show we did in kent... (bought it through where he works)

Quite comical really especially when the battery went flat on his drill:help:

Luckily the rubbers on mine were pretty good so didn't really need replacing.

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
02-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I had a brain wave when i got back...

he said the roof was too small, that it had shrunk..

so using the zip adrianp sent me I sewed the new zip onto the old one... therefore giving me the extra few mm's i needed and meant I didn't have to sew into the roof fabric which I didn't fancy anyway hee hee

It's as good as new now :D well pleased with it. I can zip and unzip to my hearts content :D hee hee

And finally I could get that hatch off to take a look at my engine...

I have to ask though... why does mine say 16v on the side of it??? Thought it was only 8?????? :confused:

Midship
02-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Actually its 12 :p some show off prob just stuck on a sticker at some stage.. why would you be bothered?! :confused:

adrianp
02-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Excelent news...:D

Glad it's all sorted now, Might pay to get hold of some heavy duty sailmakers thread to make sure the zips are attached properly.

Most marine/boating places sell it and it will only be a couple of quid for a decent sized roll.

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
02-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Midship
Actually its 12 :p some show off prob just stuck on a sticker at some stage.. why would you be bothered?! :confused:

i was just curious... it's not a sticker it's actually on the top of the engine embossed into the metal... :confused:

adrianp
02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Oooh sounds different...

You probably know the next question....

Got a pic of it??

Thing is, 16v divided by 3 cylinders doesn't work???

Engine transplant anyone??? :bounce:

Ady.

Midship
02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teLeopard

i was just curious... it's not a sticker it's actually on the top of the engine embossed into the metal... :confused:

Sounds interesting! Maybe theres a transplant lurking under thers as Adrian suggested... yummy a B16A vtec :D no wonder it done so well at that track day :p

JGGIB
02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
check how many pipes on the exhuast manifold pehaps you have the 4 cylinder export engine ;) you are still tops in my book lambo killer i am getting the picture put on a t shirt :cool:

Wh1teLeopard
03-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by adrianp
Oooh sounds different...

You probably know the next question....

Got a pic of it??

Thing is, 16v divided by 3 cylinders doesn't work???

Engine transplant anyone???

Ady.

I will try get a pic when i return frm work :)

Originally posted by Midship
Sounds interesting! Maybe theres a transplant lurking under thers as Adrian suggested... yummy a B16A vtec no wonder it done so well at that track day

I will have to look after work.... it's very odd :confused:

Originally posted by JGGIB
check how many pipes on the exhuast manifold pehaps you have the 4 cylinder export engine you are still tops in my book lambo killer i am getting the picture put on a t shirt

hee hee, I never thought of having a picture on a T-shirt could be useful for car shows :D

tinytim
19-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Did you have any luck with the picture? It would be interesting to know if there is a 4 cylinder engine for the Beat:)

Wh1teLeopard
20-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I hang my head in shame...

and admit to being 100% blonde (and it was the BF's fault too) it is 12Valve not 16 I obviously misread it or wasn't paying enough attention...

(Sowie)

:help:

Jennifer
31-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't know if this be of interest to any of you. But when I get my ickle beat I was thinking of getting a hard top and use that most of the time witht he air con. So I wont be needing my hood, I know it goes against the topless wind in your hair thinking, but tis what I want to do. So if anythign comes of it would anyone be interested in my one>

JGGIB
31-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes put me down for a hood if its in good condition,will not need till november tops off and will stay of till then....:cool:

Jennifer
31-03-2005, 11:09 PM
how much do they go for if in good condition?

tinytim
01-04-2005, 07:35 PM
A new cover (no frame) won't be far short of £400 with postage.
Frame,,,,lots of money for new, 2nd hand £150 +

So I guess it's down to the condition of the hood and most importantly the seals. They are expensive from what I've seen on here

Jennifer
02-04-2005, 01:28 AM
timmay

Im talking about taking the whole thing out so its a pernemant hard top. Bit silly I know but its what I want so it would be frame hood all everythign else associated

beecee
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Came across this while snooping about , might be of interest 2nd item down .

http://www.custompickup.com/whatsnew.htm

BRIAN