PDA

View Full Version : Filters and Caps

Paul w
11-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Hi Folks

I'm looking at getting some airfilters over from the states, they are a universal filter with the Mugen logo printed on them (see pic!)

If I bought in bulk then they would be around £17 each once shipped.

In addition to this I'd be making some kind of adapter up to take the filter (probably something like the flat plate ones you see on Japhoo from time to time with the filter sticking out of the top.

Questions...

Who wants a filter?
Who wants an adapter plate?
If i made an adapter plate that took 2 or maybe 3 filters(!!) would that be something you modding kids would go for?

I can also get mugen stamped oil caps!
PW

Wh1teLeopard
11-03-2005, 02:56 PM
How easy would they be to fit???

Would you need to do much work... or would it be more of a case of just bolting a few things together....

let me know as i'm very interested.

Paul w
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
The adapter would be a direct replacement for the lid that covers the airfilter. The only problem I could see with this is that it would possibly be drawing warm air in rather than nice cold, dense air.

Can anyone find a pic of the airfilter plates i'm on about?

PW

Wh1teLeopard
11-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Paul w
The only problem I could see with this is that it would possibly be drawing warm air in rather than nice cold, dense air.

Wouldn't that result in a loss of bhp though??? :confused:

tinytim
13-03-2005, 04:01 AM
I think it's Adam who has done a mod with an Omega intake. Basicly he ran a plastic tube from the existing filter cover to the side vent and poped a K&N filter on it. The Omega was simply a close fit. Type Omega in the search, it only comes up with 3 (that will be 4 when I post this) but it's Adams one.

I'll go for a filter and an oil cap

tinytim
13-03-2005, 04:08 AM
Here's the air filter plate Paul

Wh1teLeopard
03-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Would placing the filter by the vent, then running piping up from it to the intake work?

Paul w
03-05-2005, 07:11 PM
yup, the only problem you may have is that of sucking water into the engine if you went through a puddle!

Most air filter systems have a water trap built in, or are high enough up not to need one...

Then again, if your going through puddles that deep, you probably need paddles too!

PW

tinytim
03-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Has my car been modified?

My air intake runs from the filter box to the left hand vent, I thought this was the norm?

Paul w
04-05-2005, 10:08 AM
it heads down that way, but i've seen people put cone filters on the end of a pipe and place that almost in the vent aperture.

PW

LawrenceHarding
04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Having seen Adam's pix I wonder if an electric supercharger would fit in the duct.