PDA

View Full Version : Events this year

Wh1teLeopard
30-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Any news on events this year as nothing seems to have happened!!!

What about jap fest, JAE, jap show and all the non jap shows... will there be a beat stand or not???

Do you want me to start looking into booking places for us ickle beats or has this already been sorted???

Any news greatly appreciated.

jcs
31-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Hi,

Yes, we will be booking a club stand at the JAE, probably with space for around 20 cars (optimist!) as usual. More info shortly on that and also on a few other events we've had notifications about.

John

Bruce
06-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I am off to the JapFest at Castle Combe, as its reasonably near me in Bristol. It is on Saturday the 21st May. Tickets are £9 online, £12 on the day, and apparently £7 for car club members.

Track sessions are £23 each, though I doubt I'll brave it. I have no helmet for a start. A big helmet in a small Beat frankly appears absurd.

Is anyone else going? Shall we book a stand of sorts? It would be nice to meet some of you. I went a couple of years ago with my Dad.

http://www.japfest.co.uk/index.html

Bruce

Wh1teLeopard
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
JapFest was fully booked in Aug

But they opened another area up

IF YOU WANT A CLUB STAND SOMEONE NEEDS TO BOOK IT NOW!!!

The mazda rotary club have only just managed to secure a space.

Bruce
07-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Well is anyone else coming to the event? If not, I'd feel a bit silly hosting a club stand on my own...

Bruce

Wh1teLeopard
07-04-2005, 07:27 PM
i'm coming :D

jurek
08-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Hi is there any camping? I should be able to make it.

JGGIB
08-04-2005, 09:50 PM
i will come

Bruce
13-04-2005, 02:21 PM
I was about to suggest I book the club in, but it says on the booking form that they won't supply more car passes than advance tickets bought at the time of the club booking. I have already had a ticket bought for me, so I don't need another, but would still like to display my car. Curses.

They are not answering right now, but will try to ring later today to see if I can get a car pass and maybe book tickets and passes for those of you who said they would come. Have any of you already bought tickets?

Bruce

Wh1teLeopard
14-04-2005, 03:18 PM
i haven't bought mine yet, was waiting on club stand news

grinder
18-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi. Newbie to this . however sounds like fun.. book me in!!
I have lots to learn and lots of honda beat peeeps
to meet..... Let me know .....who... when....what...how...
Best wishes ................ Mands :bounce: :bounce:

Bruce
19-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Bugger. I got through to the club organiser today, and I am very sorry everyone, but he refused to accept our small gang of 4 cars, as we were too late in applying. I asked him very nicely to squeeze us onto the end of another stand, but he was not having any of it. Apparently it is very busy already.

I sent him the web address of this forum, so he can post details of next year's event as soon as they become available. Not that that's much of a consolation.

So I humbly apologise again. :(

I will still be coming, so you can take it out on me then. If it's OK, I will leave advance ticket applications up to you as individuals - much simpler then. Advance tickets are cheaper than on the day - details are on the JapFest website.

It would be nice to meet up with everyone there anyway. If I figure out personal messaging within the forum, maybe I will give attendees my mobile number so we can home in on one another once we are there.

Bruce

JGGIB
19-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I thought theer was a meet like the Billing event last year , some where in the east of england,

jcs
19-04-2005, 08:09 PM
The JAE will be held this year at the East of England Showground near Northampton. The UK Honda Beat Club is booking a stand for c.20 cars, as last year. Maybe a bit optomistic, but if everyone makes an effort, we could cram them in!

Dates are 23/24 July and more details will follow.

Look on this link for details:

www.the-organisation.org

John

Wh1teLeopard
19-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
It would be nice to meet up with everyone there anyway. If I figure out personal messaging within the forum, maybe I will give attendees my mobile number so we can home in on one another once we are there.

Bruce

Can we meet up before hand at the nearest service station and arrive together, then at least we'll all be parked together in the car park?

Wh1teLeopard
19-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by jcs
The JAE will be held this year at the East of England Showground near Northampton. The UK Honda Beat Club is booking a stand for c.20 cars, as last year. Maybe a bit optomistic, but if everyone makes an effort, we could cram them in!

Dates are 23/24 July and more details will follow.

Look on this link for details:

www.the-organisation.org

John

Put my name down, i'll come along. Do we need to buy tickets in advance, or should we pay you for our club stand tickets?

jcs
20-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Need to check re tickets. At Billing it was pay at the gate, which was pretty straightforward. As regards meeting up en route, that's a good idea for some of you guys - make sure your horns are in tune, etc. However, we'll need to be there early to set up the stand (such as that entails).

Bruce
06-05-2005, 12:48 AM
It turns out that not only have I had a JapFest ticket bought for me, but it turns out that I have also been given a pass to display my car on a stand. But it is the Mazda MX-5 stand... So if they do not mind too much, I think I might squeeze my Beat in to put the MX-5s in perspecitve.

After the disappoinment over the lack of Beat stand, maybe this might provide a smidgen of compensation.

So I hope to catch up with one or two of you.

Bruce