PDA

View Full Version : front speakers

JGGIB
30-03-2005, 10:30 PM
has anyone set front speakers?

Wh1teLeopard
30-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Do you mean the door speakers or the dash pods???

If you mean door speakers I replaced my standard ones you can have them for whatever their worth as they're still in perfect working order. I uprated them though to some Pioneer speakers, only £20 from motorworld and a much better sound quality.

So let us know what you're after and I can advise you better.

tinytim
31-03-2005, 03:38 PM
John,
I take it you are all wired up now?

The front speakers are like rocking horse manure, I''ve not even seen them shifting on the Jap yahoo. The biggest problem is the smallest speaker. It's either 20mm or 25mm and you simply can't get them so when they go they are gone.

That being said I doubt it would be rocket science to put a set together.

Have you fitted a power amp? (The Beat one fits in the centre column between the seat backs)

JGGIB
31-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi yes all wired up got a plug from Halfords,its the speaker pods? I want unless anyone has any ideas where to put two more speakers :rolleyes: W/Leopard what size are the door ones (size in inches)
john

tinytim
31-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Rather than fitting speakers on the dash you could go the other way and fit a pair on the parcel shelf. Having had my dash speakers off I can assure you there is nothing special about them. Its a bit of molded plastic housing 3 not particularly good speakers. The molding is not a particularly good fit and is trimmed with a bit of rubber to make it look neat.
Any speaker pod (here are a pair http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14941&item=5763627877&rd=1 )
could probably be trimmed to fit the dash contour and could house a decent sized speaker. Equally they could be fitted on the parcel shelf.

When you were wiring up did you find a lead with a green plug on the end that comes from the stereo loom and runs under the gearlever/handbrake shroud? If you did this is for a little powered subamp that fits where the casette holder is. I've now fitted a bigger sub so if you're wired up for it I'll do you a swap for the casettte holder.

Wh1teLeopard
31-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JGGIB
Hi yes all wired up got a plug from Halfords,its the speaker pods? I want unless anyone has any ideas where to put two more speakers :rolleyes: W/Leopard what size are the door ones (size in inches)
john

5" and a 1/4 I believe.... standard size for most cars.

If anyone wants to buy my old speakers including the bass speaker let me know as I uprated them all and have no intention of putting them back ;)

grinder
04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi, could you please tell me what you upgraded your bass speaker with as mine has blown and am struggling to find replacement.
Many thanks
Mandy

Wh1teLeopard
04-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Like I said in my PM... I have a 10cm Sony speaker, but it's not very good. I am still looking for a replacment that's suitable... I have found one but it's about £300 and intended as a full on subwoofer requiring an amplifer to power it :rolleyes:

tinytim
04-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I put one of these behind the drivers seat. If you already have/had a bass speaker all the electrics are already in place.
£139 at clarion UK or keep an eye out on e-bay