PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust do you run

Jennifer
31-03-2005, 12:36 PM
as above what system do you guys run?? What is the best system going by general opinion?? any sports manifolds available?

tinytim
02-04-2005, 07:40 PM
I had a powerflow system made up, there are 2 silencer boxes that will fit but you will need to find someone who can make the system. I used Mike Stokes and from the intermediate pipe back was £300. Mike Stokes may be local to the South but I'm sure there will be a similar service somewhere in your area.

There is another option, which I intend to try, (someone on here has already done it but I can't remember who) that is to fit a bike can instead of car silencer. The legality is questionable if you go for a race can, most of these are illegal for road use on a bike as well. But if you go for something like a Scorpion can, they also do a removable baffle which when fitted makes the can legal and when removed will increase the bhp a little but also the noise.

If your car is pre 92 you MIGHT get away with removing the cat and fitting a bike can in there with another at the end. This will reduce the noise but still sound fantastic. My concern with this is that the first can will burn out due to being so close to the engine :confused:

The safest option is to get a powerflow system made up. :)

Jennifer
03-04-2005, 01:00 AM
cool timmay, well I was thinking of trying to get a full system from japan including the manifold. Just wnated to see what everyone else was running first

adrianp
03-04-2005, 07:16 AM
This is from OzSamauri's site,

Exhausts (http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/ozsamurai/OEMParts/Beatmuffler.htm)

The linkin his other post doesn't work and I don't have access to that part of the forum to change it...:(

I run the Dyna System, it's a bit loud but I like it.

I just wish I had paid out for the stainless version instead as the main connecting pipe on mine is rusting and, due to the design, quite visible from the back of the car. (must clean it up when the weather improves)

Ady.

Jennifer
03-04-2005, 10:24 AM
mmm interesting must ask OZ to ask all his contacts over the pond what they run on theirs and who has the manifold aswell.

BTW who in Japan does engine tuning parts for the beat?? know its going to cost a bit but I like it!! Remember Feels beuing mentioned a while ago anyone else?? Mugen, HKS etc do any engine related parts?? As for the ecu I dont know if a chipped one will cope with all the new engien parts so may get a standalone ecu.

Just incase you were wondering yes this beat is going to be used in a form of motorsport :p :) :D

tinytim
03-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Feels do a complete engine tune up package
http://www.hondatwincam.co.jp/e/catalog/beat/engine.html

VERY expensive.

I've got the 700cc piston set but I've not fitted the engine yet. Gasbo has fitted a progressive NOs system and seems to get pretty good figures.

As for a stand alone ECU, best of luck, Feels will do one for their race engine, I took mine to Swansea Uni, we had no success at all. You need the Honda hardware and a Japaneese speaker/reader.

I'm looking into putting a VFR 750 on there, I don't think I'm the first to look at the idea and because there isn't one on the road I doubt it's possible. If I do go down this route it will be with carbs not electronic.

Personally I think the only quick/cheap fix is to get the Project A chip and play with wheel/tyre circumferences. If you can NOs the engine for some extra BHP and have some cash to spare you could try and find a CNC company who could make you a new final drive on a longer ratio but we're getting expensive again.

Jennifer
03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
what I meant by standalone was none honda IE DTA, EMERALD etc thats if I do the feels kit method. But if I was going to do the Bike engine menthod I wouldnt know were to begin lol I mean Yamaha R1 engine is my favourite choice at the moment.

I think a NOS setup with a maximum of 75bhp would be suffiecent enough.