PDA

View Full Version : Beat Colours

Jennifer
31-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Done a search found the standard colours they didn't ever do a blue one did they? Looks like a white one or red one for me

adrianp
31-03-2005, 07:12 PM
They did do a Version C which came in Blue...

Came with white alloys I beleive.

Ady.

Jennifer
31-03-2005, 07:28 PM
right this next question may be of an annoyance. But someone please explaint he different types??

LawrenceHarding
31-03-2005, 07:34 PM
There is one of these in Guernsey, It's a dark, almost navy, blue metallic and has white alloys.

Jennifer
31-03-2005, 11:13 PM
nice that one. Just need to know the different Types thats all now, been told after a certain year lots of things got revised etc

Bruce
01-04-2005, 02:49 AM
This site has the selection of original colours:

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~alita/beat/faq.htm#How many different models/colours were there

Good luck in finding one. You're not just saving on fuel costs - if values are now at £2500, surely depreciation will be zero from now on, if not better? Seems like an absurd price to me.

Best look into insurance before you take the plunge though. I got mine via Adrian Flux.

Bruce

Jennifer
01-04-2005, 12:35 PM
insurance isnt a problem for me. looks like a version Z for me Id like a blue un but seems like the Z was mechanically upgraded alot

Bruce
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
This site has some more info on the version Z, together with an options list.

http://www.hondabeat.com/beatinfo.php

But I suspect that a version Z would be pretty hard to find, unless you happen to live in Japan. I can't find the link, but I thought I saw a breakdown of sales per year somewhere, and they dropped off heavily after the 1st two years or so, and it was only later that the Z was introduced.

As for limited-slip differential on a 65bhp car, I think that is a bit of overkill, unless you are into ice-racing. Though snow is a lot of fun in the Beat, admitedly...

Bruce

Bruce
01-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh, and blue is very rare in the UK too!

Jennifer
01-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Looks like a Type Z in silver until I can afford a blue respray. LSD and all that will help because over time I will be buying the Feels engine kit or for that matter looking into who else does engine upgrades. My shopping list is astronomically big lol oh well the price you pay for falling for a Beat

ozsamurai
19-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Hi Jennifer Oz here,

Just a word of warning on the painting a Ver Z, they are as rare as hens teeth and getting more so by the day in original condition, and also already coming from a very limited production . If you don't mind sacrificing its value, then by all means paint it, but if you have your heart set on blue why not go with the Version C in Captiva Blue Pearl, there were only 500 of these made but they can be found, they were one one step before he chassis change so essentially most of the bugs were worked out (if they ever all were anyway!).

It would be a shame to see another VerZ bite the dust so to speak.

Cheers

Oz

bref
20-04-2005, 10:16 AM
I saw one waiting for a new (and better) life in Central Kyoto last may on Marutamashi road.
It was in a kind of yard (not a car breaker).

Jennifer
04-06-2005, 02:25 PM
sorry to drag this old chesnut up again but between the mechanical revisons of the early and later cars what are the differences? Heard theere was a lot of suspension and runnign gera work done?

Tamsin Nunley
19-06-2005, 06:52 PM
There's a metallic green Version C (?) near Kemp Town, Brighton, that's very nice too, and the only one of it's kind i've seen so far.

Keep wanting to knock at the door and ask if they're selling it! (as if i haven't got anough Beat to be worrying about :) )