PDA

View Full Version : Engine problem urgent help needed

aqgardezi
23-11-2002, 06:03 PM
Hi,

When i push my beat it goes well till 6 rpm but after that it really roar very loud n go to 7 or up late. Can anyone tell me what wrong with engine. Do i need overhaul, if yes then what i need for it n how much it cost. If no overhaul needed then what i do to get the rpm full easily. Thanks.

Ali.

Paul w
23-11-2002, 08:41 PM
It should rev to around 8600rpm, and they do get a bit noisy at 6500 upwards. Maybe you have a different exhaust?

If its not revving to 8600 i'm sure steve M can help you out!:eek:

PW

tinytim
24-11-2002, 08:11 PM
I'm in the process of picking up information prior to buying a beat and this may help you.

From an earlier thread you mentioned setting the timing to 20 deg.
This is correct but it's 20 deg BTDC at 1200rpm NOT on a static engine.
If this has been set to 20 deg static, as the electronic advance comes in it will cause problems at the high end as the ignition will be a bit premature.
From what I've read so far the electronic advance is from 0-22.5 deg this means at max revs ignition is around 40 deg BTDC.

If the noise you mention is comming from the engine I strongly suggest you keep the revs down untill you can get the timing checked.

Ref the lights,,,don't put 100W bulbs in.

aqgardezi
25-11-2002, 10:10 AM
Hi,

If u have email can u give me so we chat about it in detail. Also about the lights ur mention i change the front of light to crystal so i think 100w dont give me problem now.

About my rev prob n engine do u think its becase of engine timming out my rev dont go over 6 because some suggest me it may because of limiter in exhaust system n some said change then cam belt n shock absorb make it right. Now what u think if its still timing then tell me in detail how i correct it. Thanks.

Ali.