PDA

View Full Version : A get-together in memory of a friend

Wh1teLeopard
12-04-2005, 11:41 AM
I appreciate that most of you may not care much for 'cruising' as it is known, but it's my favourite hobby!

We're stuck with a 'boy racer' image, but 90% of us have no interest in racing round looking like a silly little boy/girl in mommy's corsa...

anyway...

We lost one of our closest friends in january, known as Bandit because he only had one arm and drove with a prostetic limb. As a finally farewell we are having a 'cruise' or get-together in memory of him. We are aiming to make this the biggest one ever seen in the UK!

Also this would make a great oppourtunity for anyone on here to get together! Jurek has come with me once before to one of these events and he can vouch for me when I say they are interesting if you're into your wacky/customised cars or just unusual cars!

This is the flyer which has been handed out to thousands:
http://nex.tekara.co.uk/~andyw/Bandit1_160405.jpg

Basically what happens is you meet at the place closest to you, then everyone will leave together (they all leave at 7.30pm) and follow each other at about 50mph down the motorway to the finally meeting place.

The reason we do not put the finally meeting place on the internet is because the police would normally get there first and block it off causing confusion and wide spread traffic jams (which is pretty stupid if you ask me)

All that happens then is we park up and walk around looking at each others cars, and talking to one another. The image we have is caused by a few mindless idiots, but this is not how we all act!

There will be no danger to your life, or your car... i wouldn't go otherwise.

I dont expect everyone to turn up, but if just one more beat could be there it would really make my day, and it would be wonderful to meet some of you, as i've only met Jurek so far!

NB. This will be in the midlands area, but even I do not know where the final place is!

If anyone does want to come, please let me know :D

Also, there will be magazines there taking pictures of the cars, wouldn't it be great to have a picture of a line of beats in say Redline, or Fast Car or many of the other attending?

jurek
13-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Yes it was me that went !!!
Its interesting what can and is done to cars, A lot of Jap imports
lots of ideas to borrow and all are friendly !!
I will try to come but its mums birthday so dont know what time food will finish.
will PM later. :bounce: :bounce:

Wh1teLeopard
17-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Just for you Jurek, 2 pics that have been posted up so far:

Wh1teLeopard
17-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Hopefully there will be more to follow :D (including the one after I tagged your car hee hee)

Wh1teLeopard
17-04-2005, 03:37 PM
oh and jurek, you said you saw a car, which was blue/white ish and didn't know what it was, was it this?

Wh1teLeopard
17-04-2005, 03:38 PM
If so, it is a saxo!

jurek
17-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Thats it ......what is it ?

Wh1teLeopard
18-04-2005, 09:26 AM
It's a citreon saxo

jurek
18-04-2005, 09:13 PM
It does look the part