PDA

View Full Version : Soft top

robertsimons
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi there,

I have just bought a Silver 1991 Beat (fitted with JVC 12 CD autochanger!) and would like to fit a new hood.

I have read the thread on this subject but note that was all some 3 years ago!

Does anyone have any current comments on this subject or the company Oxted that was recommended.

I would prefer mohair and a cover for the hood.

While I here, can anyone advise what the BS button on the l/h side of the radio does?

Many Thanks Robert

Adam
09-05-2005, 09:07 PM
I got a top from oxted this morning and it took me 4 hours to fit it. I am really happy with the top itself but the job wasnt easy as there was no pre cut holes so it took a lot of measuring lining up.

Their currier is excellent, I'm in Ireland and it took them about 16 hours from the phone call to my door. Anyway the car looks like it came out of the showroom.

Oh they only do cloth, there was no option of a mohair even thou they told me that there was. The only options you got is colour.

If you can fit the top yourself and punch all the holes then I'd recommend them.

Steve_M
09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by robertsimons
While I here, can anyone advise what the BS button on the l/h side of the radio does?

Blank skip function of tape player.

HTH

Adam
09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
here is a pic

Jason
10-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Nice

Midship
10-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Looking good :D

robertsimons
10-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks Adam and Steve for your answers.

Adam what do you mean by "punching the holes"? Is this to put the cover onto the metal framework?

Your car looks wonderful, that's some wax finish you have!

Does anyone run with Hood Covers?

Can anyone tell me the capacity of the fuel tank?

Are spare ignition keys available from anywhere other than Honda Dealers?

and finally I live in Hampshire. Can anyone recommend a Honda Dealer somewhere in the South for servicing?

Many Thanks, Robert

Adam
10-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by robertsimons
Thanks Adam and Steve for your answers.

Adam what do you mean by "punching the holes"? Is this to put the cover onto the metal framework?

Your car looks wonderful, that's some wax finish you have!

Well at least in my case the roof arrived without a single mounting hole anywhere . So I couldn't just bolt it down. I had to measure it, center it, strech it and work my way from the back to the front. You make one wrong hole and thats it the whole roof is crap.

The s2000 top they sent me first had all that pre cut so that would have been a quick job, too bad I didn't have the car to go with it.

And thats not a wax, I resprayed the car a couple of months a ago. Its great cause all I got to do it dry it witha towel after washing and nits really shiney.