PDA

View Full Version : iPod iTrip

LozzaBeat
24-05-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm thinking of buying an ipod itrip (the part that allows you to pick up your ipods music on your car radio) but i want to make sure its compatible and will work fine before i fork out the 20 odd quid for it. has anyone used one in their beat or know someone that has?

Jason
24-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Hey Lozza,

I bought myself an iPod Shuffle and plugged it in via the tape unit. Much less expensive and also more reliable. The only negative is that you cannot see what song is playing.

Hope this helps

Jason :)

JEP
24-05-2005, 09:24 AM
You can get a non ipod transmitter from ebay for about £8 inc P&P from Japan and they work fine.
James

LozzaBeat
24-05-2005, 09:35 PM
i would buy the cassette adapter (much cheaper!) however my cassette drive broken - not too sure what needs fixing yet.

the non-ipod transmitter - is that def compatible with the iPod mini?

JEP
24-05-2005, 10:01 PM
The transmitter I bought uses a standard jack plug that fits any earphone socket, unless the ipod has a special one.
Try this seller on ebay
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrppZ25QQfrtsZ75QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZchinae zone
James

JEP
24-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Sorry the link was chopped try looking for the user name chinaezone
James

Paul w
24-05-2005, 10:30 PM
It should work fine.

You can tune them down to 87.5mhz, so you should be able to tune the stereo into it.

It may get a little tricky if you have a band expander, as the channel you tune the itrip to wont match what you will have to tune your radio to!

PW

LozzaBeat
24-05-2005, 11:56 PM
that username didnt work, but i found a few (both cheap and genuine!) on ebay anyway.

I dont think i have an expander - but then again i wouldnt know if i did lol. I really dont think i do tho as i can only really get radio 2 on it!

john m
25-05-2005, 10:20 AM
I have an itrip, they are ok but you will need to pick your frequency well because if there are any stations near your set point the interferance is terrible. They have a very short range because ok legal reasons relating to transmitters, ideally you need the ipod near your aerial. There are other manufacturers that make non specific transmitters, my friend uses one with a Creative MP3 and it has a much stronger signal, it drowns out radio stations not like the itrip but unlike the itrip it needs a power source. That is the problem with the Beat, no cig lighter socket so no power source. For thoese of you that dont know the itrip has a second connection that allows it to take its power from the ipod, the others dont.

LozzaBeat
25-05-2005, 01:02 PM
ahh so the creative m3 one might be the key - i have a cig ligher in my beat so would be able to power it!
the plot thickens....