PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen wanted

tinytim
17-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Well I reported the crack to TESCO on the 2nd of April my MOT ran our at the end of June and I'm still waiting. Autoglass will be paying so can anyone help.:(

adrianp
17-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Surely Autoglass should be getting it through Honda...

When my drivers window was broken the other year, Autoglass replaced both the side window & the windscreen in one go.

I think it took then about 3 weeks to do and that was only because (1) I was sourcing the side window as they were having problems and (2) the windscreen got cracked on it's way to the depot...

I'd drop a message to Steve M and ask him what the stock situation on one is, When they did mine, they bought it from Shrewsbury I think, so all they will do is get the local depot to buy it and then ship it over to your depot with the next stock transfer.

Have you asked Autoglass about when they expect to get it in for you??

Ady.

tinytim
17-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks Adrian,

I got on to autoglass a month after it happened, again 2 weeks before my MOT ran out, again the day after and last week.

"I'm sorry Mr L we have it on order with Honda but it's on back order, there's nothing we can do but we'll be in touch as soon as it arrives" BOLLOCKS!!!:bounce:

I've had to go out and buy a runner to get me to work and back so I'm currently driving £300 worth of Cavalier with 150k on the clock, no soft top, the air con doesn't work and it keeps cutting out at the lights :explode:

Rant over.

It's not all bad, although I'm missing the good weather, while she's laid up I've been able to apply some TLC. I just need to whip the dash out to cover that in leather and she'll be 100% leather interior. A coat of paint, green brake calipers and were off to the shows. (I hope)

JGGIB
17-07-2005, 11:37 PM
where do you get the calipers from tim want some red ones for mine ..

tinytim
18-07-2005, 11:12 AM
It's the original calipers (with a damn good clean and a bit of work with some emery cloth) then pop to halfords, or get on E-bay for the caliper paint.

tinytim
10-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi All,

Well with Barkley selling the possible breaker I'm back on the hunt for a windscreen.

My poor old Beat has been parked up since the MOT ran out at the beginning of June:(
The Cavalier smells and handles like a bus and I don't want to have to put another 6 months tax in the window.

Autoglass told me a story about receiving a windscreen but apparently it was all scratched up:confused: This story arrived a day or 2 after I wrote a snotty letter to TESCO, coincidence??

Anyway, anyone who can help out will earn my eternal gratitude.

Steve_M
11-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Just checked, No stock @ Honda

tinytim
12-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks Steve...even though it's not good news.
I take it that means I'll be waiting for Honda to run off some new ones?
:( :( :(

FULLAFECT
18-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I HAVE ORDERED A WINDSCREEN VIA HONDA ON THE 12/8, SO THEY ARE ON THE WAY IF THATS ANY CONSOLATION

tinytim
18-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Mine was ordered on 3rd of April !!!!
I'm not holding my breath but I live in hope.

FULLAFECT
26-10-2005, 06:25 PM
got my windscreen from honda today, check your local honda dealer for info
:D

tinytim
26-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll be on to autoglass first thing and if I get no joy I'll pop down with a bag full of house bricks:explode: