PDA

View Full Version : Kai 4x4s?

Paul w
23-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Did I see someone at a beat meet years ago with a mini 4x4? if so, what was it and what else is available as a tiny 4x4 ?

PW

adrianp
23-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi Paul,

Think it was a Suzuki Alto RS-R 4wd

I have a feeling it was Akira who brought it down to the show but I'm not certain of that.

I remember it as it was for sale at the time and I kicked myself as I'd only bought my Calibra about 2 months previous...:mad:

I think the Honda Z is available in 4wd too, I'm sure Oz will be along to add some more soon.

Ady.

Paul w
23-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Hmm,

I'm sure it was more like a baby mitsu shogun or something

PW

Ouija
25-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Hi

There is a mini Pajero (Shogun) available.

Seen a few around glasgow, most definately a hairdressers car! Plenty of people said that about zippy when i had him, but hey whatever floats your boat! :D

There are a few other mini 4x4s

Subaru Vivio Turbo
Suzuke Alto Turbo
Honda Z Turbo
Daihatsu Avanzato

Hope that helps

Ouija

ozsamurai
25-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Sorry for the delay, don't get much time to scour the boards to dig out these little nuggets......lol!!

4WD K Cars
Honda
Acty 4WD
Acty Street 4WD
Z
Vamos
Today 4WD

Daihatsu
Mira 4WD
Naked 4WD (no this is not a joke name)
Move 4WD
Gina 4WD
and a bunch of K trucks as well to numerous to mention

Suzuki
WagonR 4WD
Every Van/K truck
Alto Works 4WD

That's an\bout all that come to mind but there are a bunch more, when I first arrived in Japan (20years ago BTW) they were all the boom in the mid 80's, it was one of the first things I thought strange to be honest. Where I come from 4WD are BIG and TOUGH, and to have these pint sized rice cookers with 'Real Time 4WD' written on them...well...something just didn't sit right...still doesn't!

Oz

Paul w
25-07-2005, 06:37 PM
I need small, comfortable 4x4 for occasional trips off road (rutted tracks up hillsides etc) so it needs to have decent ground clearence. I don't want a big 2.8L diesel sitting on my drive day in day out, and I think my CRV is too expensive for occasional use.

Its got to be reliable, economical and have a bit of space in the back...

Ideas (and pics) gratefully recieved

4x4 kai pickups....? let me see!

PW

adrianp
25-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Have a look at the Shogun Pinnin... which is the mini Pajero... (as per Ouija)

Your local Mitzi dealer should be able to help as they sell them over here now.

It's similar in size to the Suzuki Vitara (maybe very slightly bigger)

Ady.

Midship
26-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Im thinking about buying a pajero mini... from what i can gather thay are 4x4, kai and have a turbo! They also do a pajero junior that 1.1l and is also 4x4

HTH

Midship
26-07-2005, 12:27 PM
The mini

Midship
26-07-2005, 12:28 PM
The junior... both are going through the japanese auctions at the moment

Paul w
26-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Cool,

How much would a Mini be landed in the uk?

PW

Midship
26-07-2005, 07:40 PM
A 1996 in top condition would set you back a little over 2000 pounds, thats arriving off the boat, insured in transit and papers translated to english. Getting it registered would be extra, im not too sure what the charges are in the UK.

Im placing an order in about 2 weeks for a junior so ill let you know how it goes, the crowd ive been using are excellent and very reliable.

Fahd
27-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Add around £400 for the cost of SVA then around £150 for MOT and registration:(

I just sold a Junior on an N plate for £2500.

Paul. PM me your number. Got your text but deleted by mistake. :rolleyes: