PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Spares

MartyB
25-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've been in touch with Oz for a couple of bits and it seems to me that spares for our little toys are getting scarce.

Sooner or later it's going to be difficult to keep these cars on the road without access to a stock of parts.

Oz made a suggestion that we club together and get hold of a write off.

I don't know how best to make this work but maybe a premier membership section could be started with a subscription?

Does anyone have any ideas on the subject - anyone got the space or the inclination to kick something off?

Does anyone have a Beat that's looking like it's beyond repair? I reckon that a write off stripped for parts could probably be worth more than a tatty runner.

I don't have a garage at the moment but I'd certainly chip in towards the costs.

Marty B

FULLAFECT
26-07-2005, 08:10 PM
SOME 1 JUS SMASHED MY WINDSCREEN @ THE W/END, AND AUTO-WINDSCREENS WANT £424.62 TO REPAIR IT.

LOOKIN AT THIS SITE. STRIPPING IT IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY AT THE MOMENT

adrianp
26-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Please don't shout... (turn caps off)

I gather you don't have windscreen cover on your insurance? otherwise it would just cost you about £60.

To be honest, a car's not worth stripping just because of a windscreen, unless it's a very tatty example.

If you do strip it (I hope not) what colour is it??

AdyP.

FULLAFECT
27-07-2005, 02:35 AM
my freind bought the car in november last year and left it under a cover not paying any attention to the car until about a week ago.

the car is red is 92 plate, has done 103000 miles, the bodywork is beautiful on the car.

roof is nothing special, no leaks. wheels have been changed/have originals. no other changes

Adam
27-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by FULLAFECT
SOME 1 JUS SMASHED MY WINDSCREEN @ THE W/END, AND AUTO-WINDSCREENS WANT £424.62 TO REPAIR IT.

LOOKIN AT THIS SITE. STRIPPING IT IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY AT THE MOMENT

I dont know if you ever fitted a windscreen. Usually fitting is very easy, its the taking out part without cracking it that is hard.

So if you got a car for spares with the intention of taking the windscreen you might be dissapointed. It can be done, its just not an easy job.

Wh1teLeopard
27-07-2005, 08:30 PM
In reference to original post, I just lost my job... so money is a little tight... but when I get a new job i'll gladly chip in as long as I can call dips on the interior light and passenger side wing mirror if they're any good hee hee

grinder
27-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi

Sounds like a great idea, would gladly chip in. Not sure as you said, how it work. Please keep me posed

Best wishes

Mandy