tinytim
19-08-2005, 04:00 PM
This is the link to the instructions

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/troubleshooting.htm

and here is the connector

ps-motorsport
19-08-2005, 06:54 PM
nice post.

i am actually quite supprise that there is so little code from the beat. overall 15 error :D

mathis
19-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks Tinytim for this!

p_frankum
01-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Please can you tell me how to obtain entry into the engine bay (as in the picture). Ive had the car for just over a year now and think it is time to give it some TLC (well over due i guess).

Many thanks.

adrianp
01-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi,

Firstly, Shame on you...lol Fancy not knowing this... (only joking...;) )

Access to the engine is actually VERY easy.

To do it properly, you remove all the screws from arount the bottom of the roof, fold it up and onto the main part, remove the rear shelf covering and you should see a pannel with 4 bolts. Undo the bolts and the engine is under there.

ALTERNATIVE METHOD.

Unzip the rear window and fold it outwards onto the boot lid, remove the rear shelf covering, then undo the 4 bolts on the pannel. Then CAREFULLY remove the pannel minding the rear window and the engine will be in front of you.

Hope this helps

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
02-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by adrianp
To do it properly, you remove all the screws from arount the bottom of the roof

Mine are all very rusty, any recommendations or advice on how to remove them?

adrianp
02-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teLeopard

Mine are all very rusty, any recommendations or advice on how to remove them?

Carefully...;)

Nah, to be honest, I normally use the 2nd method, especially if I'm only doing a small job, the proper method is more for when you are doing quite a lot of work and don't want to keep moving the window out of the way.

If you do want to remove them, firstly, buy a replacement set of bolts and then make sure you use a decent screwdriver being VERY carefull to avoid damaging the roof if it slips.

Hopefully, as long as you get a decent grip on the screw head, after the initial crack to break them free, they should come out fairly easily.

Hope this helps

Ady.

Paul w
02-09-2005, 10:22 AM
socket set with screwdriver bit adaptor allows you to put pressure on the screw head while 'cracking' the screw with the handle

PW

rick
17-09-2005, 06:50 AM
a good spray of wd-40 left to soak in for a few hours also helps with rusty bolts/screws.

Wh1teLeopard
19-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the advice... just waiting on a new set of bolts/poppersand hopefully won't ruin the roof doing it!!

ozsamurai
16-06-2006, 01:57 PM
If all else fails an impact driver does wonders for rusty nuts, give 'em a dose of WD40, the whack 'em with a big hammer!

Oz