PDA

View Full Version : luggage rack

peter picard
30-08-2005, 04:45 PM
hi all yet again lol.is there a luggage rack for the honda beat?if so is it bigger enough to take a average size suit case if i want to go away with the gf for a week?how much r they and r they easy to fit.by the way all this is one great forum freindly people and great advice.now i just need to buy a beat to be part of the gang lol.

adrianp
30-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi again,

You keep this up, we'll have to start charging per question...:D

Yep, there is a luggage rack available and fitting is pretty straight forward BUT the carrying capacity is fairly low... (I'm sure someone with one will post the amount as it was on a sticker attached to them when new...)

If you are creative, it's quite surprising how much you can actually pack into a Beat, One member and his other half have stayed in France several times using theirs (and brought wine back on the luggage rack...)

Or if you're lazy like me, you could just go down the custom luggage route...:bounce: It wasn't cheap and I really should have checked the measurements more than once before ordering but they are ideal for what I want...

I've got:

1 bag for the Boot
2 bags for the Back Shelf (roof sits higher than normal when folded though)
1 bag for the middle of the Spare Wheel.

Hope this helps

Ady.

peter picard
30-08-2005, 07:16 PM
soz mate im a real pain lol.just trying to find as much as i can before i buy a beat.i will try to slow down ha ha.cheers for your reply.

JGGIB
31-08-2005, 02:20 PM
if you get a beat peter ,adrian lives at ipswich we can get us a convoy :bounce:

john m
31-08-2005, 02:40 PM
The weight allowance on the sticker is 5kg, not enough for a beer trip to Tesco!! I have never put anything on mine yet and I wouldnt like to put much pressure on it, i think it could damage the boot lid.

ozsamurai
02-09-2005, 02:50 AM
John M is right on the money with the 5kg carry capacity, they are as rare as hens teeth in good condition over here, because of there 'esthetic only' value, and tendancy to rust at the base. HOWEVER, I have seen Mazda Roadster racks fitted which are much nicer and functional despite being 'clip ons', but you lose the possibility of putting a genuine wing on the trunk, and I like the combination of both personally. I have carried 2 Beat seats home from a flea market one day, one on the rack and one in the car, so I think the 5kg is a 'safety' weight more for car balance than how much the rack can handle.

Oz