PDA

View Full Version : Help! Distributor No.

PP1
20-12-2002, 12:17 AM
Hi, I finially got around to check the distributor no. on my beat. But instead of a four digit number I got this

TD-210
7Z26

Does it mean the distributor has been changed? Or should I still get it change? My beat is a 91
Many thanks and Happy X'mas everybody

adrianp
20-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi,

With a number like that, I would say thet it has already been changed.

if you go down a couple of posts to DIZZY, hopefully it will help answer your questions.

Hope this helps

Adrian.
:bounce:

Steve_M
20-12-2002, 11:51 AM
That distributor will be fine!

Once they run out of numbers they started putting letters in to the four didgets.

So yours has been replaced.

HTH

PP1
21-12-2002, 12:29 PM
That's great news guys. Thanks very much for your help. That's one problem solved, next I got to find out why its pinking under load. Does anybody know what I should check first??

adrianp
21-12-2002, 01:36 PM
I would guess that the first thing to check is what fuel you are using,

Whilst the beat will run quite happily on normal unleaded, it does seem to prefer Super Plus (or equivalent).

Next I would check to make sure the timing is set properly, SteveM can advise how to do this better then I can.

Hope this helps for starters

Adrian.
:bounce:

PP1
23-12-2002, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the tip. I love my beat too much to use anything other than Shell Optimax:p But I am gonna get one of those gas treatment additive.

As for checking the timimg, I really need some help here. :confused: ie) how to take off the cam belt cover and how to read the timing mark etc.

Thanks and have a Happy Happy X'max

PP1

adrianp
23-12-2002, 07:58 AM
Hi,

Checking the timing isn't as bad as it sounds.... (Yeah right..)

For a quick little guide on how to do it then visit SteveM's new web site

http://www.honda-beat.co.uk/page1.html

And click on the relevent section for what you need.

This should show you how to do it quite easily.

Hope this helps

Adrian.

PP1
24-12-2002, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Im gonna check the timing after x'mas. It sounds easy enough. Hopefully it should stop the pinking.

Thanks, PP1

HO HO HO :D