PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector sensor problem Need help

aqgardezi
21-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Today i consult with my honda workshop in my area about my problem. My problems are
1- Very bad pick
2- Bad fuel consumption
3- RPM restriction up till 6500

They suggest me that it must be fuel injecter sensor which send wrong reading to ecu so ecu put that restriction. So they suggest me to change it but they dont have beat sensor so is it possible that i use civic vtec fuel injector sensor if no then what i do to make that sensor work again. Also if u have ecu technical drawing with all connection detail then provide i will be very thankfull. My email is alishah@mul.paknet.com.pk

adrianp
21-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Hi,

Best thing I can suggest is to follow the instructions on how to read the fault codes from the ECU

See this page for details

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/troubleshooting.htm

Hopefully it will give you a better answer to your problems.

It might be your wording but I can't seem to find a "fuel injecter sensor" in the codes, although if they mean a "cylinder position sensor" then these are available from Honda as I have recently had mine replaced.

99% of parts seem to be available for the Beat so you shouldn't have to start using bits from other models to make yours work again.

Most of the bits will have to be special ordered from Japan but normally it only takes a few days for bits to arrive.

Hope this helps

Adrian.
:bounce:

Paul w
21-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Another page i didn't know existed on my website!!

PW

aqgardezi
22-12-2002, 06:18 AM
Tell me in detail where i can find Service Check Connector terminals with a jumper wire. Actually i am really new to beat n cant know what to do n where to find anything. When i turn on ignition the engine check light comes on once n after a few minutes go off is that ok. If no then what i do. Also about injector or clynder sensor what i do about it if my honda dealers dont have it can i use the civic or city model sensor in it. I think they maybe the same. I am from Pakistan so plz help me sort that problem out. I will be really thankfull to u.

adrianp
22-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Hi,

If you have a read of this post, it covers some of what you need to know on the service connector,

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87

I have put the picture here for you so that you will have an idea of where to look for the connector

The "Jumper Wire" is literally a piece of wire used to join the 2 terminals together, so should be very easy to make. A modified paperclip would probably do the same job if needed.

Once you have diagnosed the problem, then we should be able to help you with a part number for what you need to order so that you get the correct part for the car.

Hope this helps

Adrian

Steve_M
22-12-2002, 10:08 AM
This is what you are looking for!

Service Check Connecter location.

It can be taped to the wiring harness with blue tape.
(you can just see some of the tape below the connecter in the pic)

HTH

aqgardezi
23-12-2002, 07:00 PM
I have attached the pics of my engine n it shows that there is no service connector in my beat. Also there are many other things missing as compared with upper pic of beat. Can u all see my pics n suggest me what is missing n what i need in my beat. Mine model is 91. Thanks.

Steve_M
23-12-2002, 07:16 PM
But your pic is from the other side! you wont see the service connector by looking from that side!!

What do you think you have missing???

As far as i can see you seem to have some additions which are not standard. not sure what that vacuum control valve is doing on the inlet manifold. whats it been wired in to???

aqgardezi
23-12-2002, 08:25 PM
Can u provide me the diagram of all the wires around engine. I think the last user modify the fuels injectors n other vacum control etc. I want to remove all the wiring then re connect it again according to drawing which u provide.

Today when i adjust my valve setting to what u provide me above there is a rattle sound coming out of engine. My rpm still dont go over 6500 n also not stable as it sometime go up to 1400rpm n sometime to 1100 rpm as it is unstable. I will check the other vacum on my exhasut manifold n where it goes. If i get all the drawing of engine n instruction on how to tune engine too then send me that one too. I also attach another pic of mine engine see if that help.

aqgardezi
24-12-2002, 09:08 AM
If anyone can provide me drawing of vacum pipes so i take off the additiona part n join the pipes as is it original. Thanks.

Ali.

aqgardezi
24-12-2002, 06:21 PM
I have found Service Check Connecter now tell me how i connect it with what thing. Tell me in detail n if possible with pics. Also how i perform all the diagnostic process. Thanks.

Jason
25-12-2002, 03:44 AM
Read this article!

Steve_M
25-12-2002, 08:35 PM
Need the wiring diagram for the PGM-FI fuel injection system.

Download the complete beat wiring diagram from

Beat wiring diagram in PDF format and zipped (http://www.manser42.freeserve.co.uk/Beat.zip)

HTH

aqgardezi
26-12-2002, 07:37 PM
First of all Happy X-Mass and Seasons Greetings to all also thanks to u all who r helping me solving my problem. Now after incpected my car for long my technician said that now i should have to adjust the cam belt because its not set. I hope after changing that i my problems will sort out. I again write down my problems.

1- Very bad pick
2- Bad fuel consumption
3- RPM restriction up till 6500

Although my machenic said my car rpm n speed meter is giving false reading too with the difference of almost 700 in rpms reading. If anyone have any other suggestion on how to cure about these problem plz dont hasitate to post.

Where do i get beat car manual online in english. I may need it as i dont know nothing about beat or any other informatic documentation about beat which not mention above n must have for beat user.

I am still unable to know how to use the Service Check Connecter to get the problem code as the information on trouble shooting page is in sufficient for me. So plzz tell me in detail how to use it n if possible tell with figures. Thanks once again for all. I really u ppl help as mechanic works whatever i get info from u as they dont know nothing about beat.

Midship
26-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Merry Chrishams and a Happy new year to you too

To get the codes

1.Turn the ignition on

2.Remove the yellow cap covering the connector

3.Use a piece of wire or bent paper clip to join the two connectors together

4.Count the amount of times the yellow/orange light on the dash flashes. The number and lenght of the flashes indicates the problem according to the troubleshooting page:

Hopefully it`ll be sorted soon
HTH
JohnD

aqgardezi
26-12-2002, 10:31 PM
Confirm Me.

Read on the website that

http://www.manser42.freeserve.co.uk/page1.html

When setting ignition timming then have to bridge the service connector. Is that important. Thanks.

adrianp
26-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Hi,

Yes, you do have to bridge the service connector when setting the timing.

This is so that the engine is running at a base set of commands without any advance in the timing being added by the ECU.

So if you follow the instructions as they are set out then you shouldn't have any problems.

Hope this helps

Adrian

aqgardezi
27-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Thanks a lot once again for all of u for my help. Is there any site where i find beat owner manual in english or japanese. Also if rpm restriction n bad pick problem happen with anyone before n what u ppl do to cure it properly. ANy help will be great for me. Thanks.

aqgardezi
28-12-2002, 06:41 AM
One thing i get to know is that my cars water body is leaking. What do u ppl think does it cause the problems which i have. Also whats the part no. of the body how much it cost me. Does i use any other cars water body in it. Thanks.

adrianp
28-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Hi again,

By owners manual, do you mean the repair manual or the manual that tells you how all the controlls work???

If you want a manual on how things work then pop along to this site, Robert might have some left.

http://www.powerup.com.au/%7Ealita/beat/index.htm

Go to the TECH section then to the FAQ section and the details you want should be there.

My beat also has a RPM restriction at the moment (7250), we have changed the following items with no improvement.

Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Spark Plugs
Timing Belt (Timing now perfect)
Distributor Unit
No.1 Cylinder Position Sensor
Oil & Oil Filter

Apart from the RPM problem, mine seems to run fine...:confused:

I'm going to try the Spark Plug Leads and the Exhaust next...

I gather that by, "Water Body" you are refering to the cars Radiator, If so, the normal reason for it to start leaking is due to the car being used without any Anti-Freeze in the coolant.

Even in hot countrys it is advisable to use anti-freeze because it has Rust Inhibitors added to it to try and stop the corrosion of the cooling system.

It looks like the radiator might be used on another Model but I'm not sure which, or the price???

Hope this helps

Adrian.

Steve_M
28-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by adrianp

Timing Belt (Timing now perfect)

:D

Ps Part no. for radiator is 19010-P36-004

aqgardezi
28-12-2002, 06:07 PM
Thanks to u again, there is water leaking from where the cam belt n engine joins. So its not radiator its must be water pump or something. What do u think also send me how much it cost n do i use civic waterpump in it? Plz reply with detail. Also i bridge the service connector today but no signal came so it means my car engine is ok or the engine sensors r cut with connector. Plz reply. Thanks.

Steve_M
28-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Part number for a waterpump is 19200-P36-000.

A chat with Phil (Mr Beatproducts) and conclusion is a blocked exhaust for the restriction in revs (e.g only 7000 rpm) another car in the uk had this and new exhaust cured it.

(part number for rear section of exhaust is 18307-SS1-003)

HTH

aqgardezi
29-12-2002, 10:05 AM
Are u sure the blocked exchaust system is the cause of restricted rpm n low pick. What about water pump with cam belt. Isnt that the problem because of water pump. If no then tell me in detail how exhaust restrict the rpm n pick n which part of exhaust is really the problem can i repair it here in pakistan or can i use the exhaust system of other honda car at this place. If there is any drawing plz send me. Also how much waterpump n that exhaust cost. Thanks.

aqgardezi
30-12-2002, 06:34 PM
Tell me the price n availability of Water pump n rear part part of beat exhaust. Thanks.

adrianp
30-12-2002, 06:46 PM
We're going to try another exhaust on mine in the near future,

Hopefully this will cure the problem, if it does then you lot here will be the first to know...:D

If it does work then the next problem will be Steves.... How does he get his exhaust back...:p

Adrian.

aqgardezi
30-12-2002, 07:15 PM
Hai plzzz do experiance it n then tell me if it really cured the problem. I am despratingly waiting for ur reply. If it succeed then i try in on my car. Can i simply remove the exhaust system n then press the gas to see if its really work n rpm go over 7000 so then it confirms its exhaust problem. Answer me plzzzz.

Steve_M
30-12-2002, 07:20 PM
You could certainly try, removing the rear section of exhaust and seeing if it lets it rev better, it will be noisey, but it seems as if the restriction is silencer related rather than the catalytic converter.

Give it a go, it wont hurt any thing, well apart from perhaps ya ears!!!

aqgardezi
01-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Today i remove the rear section of my exhaust n then press the gas to see if rpm go over 7000 mark but all in vain n rpm remain restricted. So exhaust system is all ok n nothing to do with exhaust, Now plzz tell me what i do to get off rpm restrictions. Plz help me sort that thing out. I m getting fed up n if the problem remain i will sell the beat as soon as possible.

adrianp
01-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi,

It's going to be a few weeks before we can get the chance to change the exhaust on mine.

When you had your exhaust off, did you have a look at the catalytic converter?? If the main exhaust didn't make any difference then it might be that breaking down instead. (unlikely but possible)

Although, with the extra hoses and parts in the picture you posted of your engine, it could be some of these that are confusing the ECU by giving it the wrong readings.

I would try and get these back to the original items first and then go from there.

Don't sell it though, it will all come together in the end and when it does, it will all be worth it...

Adrian

aqgardezi
01-01-2003, 05:03 PM
If u can provide me detail photo or diagram how i correct the hoses and vacums to it original position then I change it accordingly. Also Water is leaking from my car where the cam belt is isnt it from water pump or elsewhere. If its from other thing then what it would be. Also send me part no. for front suspension with spring. I have removes the hose from the additional vacum to the original one already but no result. Plzz tell me one by one what i do. Thanks.

adrianp
01-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Hi,

When the weather clears up long enough for me to do it in the dry then I'll take a few pics of how things go in the engine bay for you

Might take a little while though due to having to work also.

Adrian.

Steve_M
01-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Here is a picture showing how the vacuum pipe should go.

HTH

aqgardezi
02-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Hi,
Thanks for sending me pic of ur car engine n vacum. I will be very thankfull if u tell me on my car pics that (which u saw in the early part of that chat) where i make the change in vacum n hoses. Thanks.

Steve_M
02-01-2003, 09:12 PM
See if this helps

aqgardezi
07-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Hi,

I have detach the exta item and do what u told me in pic but no progress. Also if u see my engine pics u can see toward the sensor relay box (blk box near service connector) there is hose which is attached from below mine is change then urs. So do i attach the same loop type hose (which attached to my extra item). I electric wire attached with the extra device is going toward engine but dont know exactly where it attached as i have to get down the car. I also feel some wiring of my car is not working as my service connector is not working. Now suggest me what i do further to cured my car problem. Thanks.

Ali.

aqgardezi
07-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Also if u want the pic of any type of my car i can provide u to see about the problem. Thanks.

Steve_M
07-01-2003, 10:13 PM
The loop in the vacuum pipe for the map sensor wont make that much differance, i assume its there just to try and damp out fluctuations in vacuum, the map sensor is still getting an engine load signal.

You will probably find you have a faulty Engine ECU as it seems from quite a few Japanese website that the capacitors in the ECU give problems.

Diagnosis of your faults may only be obtanined by the recognised art of trial and error, with a bit of swapping of parts from another Beat.

Good Luck!!

HTH

aqgardezi
08-01-2003, 06:21 AM
Ok i dont have any other beat in my area so what i do now. Do i have to sell it. And about capacitor in ecu. I have many good mechanic in my area who can change the cap. but u send me the pic of ur ecu n wire connection in ur ecu as I have to take ecu off, change the cap. n then rewire it. Also tell me detail about cap. Thanks.

Ali.

Steve_M
08-01-2003, 10:15 PM
These are the capacitors inside the ECU which are said to give problems. 6 of them. available from componant suppliers. they all have their respective ratings on them.

35v 220 mu F x 1
35v 47 mu F x 1
35v 33 mu F x 2
10V 470 mu F x 2

HTH

aqgardezi
14-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Hi,

I was away so i answer u late. I will check the cap. in ecu n then tell u what happen. Meanwhile anyone have any other idea what should i check to cure my problem. Thanks.

Ali.

aqgardezi
05-03-2003, 09:46 AM
I have write a message to paerson in Japan about the rpm restriction ad here is what he replied.

It thinks that it is a trouble of a computer unit that rpm don't go up. Are to get, so that a countermeasure exchanges it of a computer unit with, expenses is so necessary as 100000 yen with Japanese yen. Please confirm it with a car dealer that deals HONDA car in detail.

So what u ppl suggest n also what will I do. Thanks.

adrianp
05-03-2003, 06:00 PM
To be honest,

It might be the ECU (computer) but I doubt it as we swapped mine for a known good one and still had the same problem.

Due to my work schedule at the moment, we haven't been able to swap the exhaust on mine yet but as soon as we do then I'll post the results.

Adrian.

aqgardezi
26-03-2003, 06:46 AM
I chatted with few ppl in japan n they recommand me following things to do to cure my problem with beat.

1.Ignition timing gap.
2.ECU(Engine Control Unit) is defective (maybe capacitors in ecu).
3.Distortion of head because of overheating.
4.Throttle body sensor

So now tell me how what r the symptoms of these above n how i cure it and if any need to be changed then how much each cost. Can i use honda city or honda civic items in beat. Thanks.

Adam
26-03-2003, 07:53 PM
They are electrolytic capacitors, which means that they have a positive and a negative leg. Remember what way they come out and solder them back in the same way, otherwise they will explode and take your eye out.

Steve_M
26-03-2003, 09:15 PM
I have replaced blown capacitors in beat ecu's but as yet have been unsucessful in repairing the faults, it would seem if the capacitors are allowed to fail, it also ruins other componants in the ecu, and thusfar i have been unable to find any one who will under take diagnostics/ repair on a Beat ecu.

Therefore the only cure of a failed ecu is replacement @ £600.

But as Adrian found, when we tried another ecu on his car to cure the 7000 rpm limit, it did not cure it, and we are still waiting to try another exhaust on his car, to see if this is the answer.

HTH

aqgardezi
27-03-2003, 05:55 AM
Ok I forget the ecu for time being but what about the other 3 problems i mention 2 posts above. What r the symptoms of these problem n how much these cost If i change it . Whats the part no. Thanks.

Ali.

aqgardezi
27-03-2003, 05:56 AM
Ok I forget the ecu for time being but what about the other 3 problems i mention 2 posts above.

1.Ignition timing gap.
3.Distortion of head because of overheating.
4.Throttle body sensor

What r the symptoms of these problem n how much these cost If i change it . Whats the part no. Thanks.

Ali.