PDA

View Full Version : Door Locks

Paul w
26-08-2002, 04:25 PM
I beg your pardon?

Does anyone know the part number, or can supply door locks for a beat? are they a standard honda part? my door has a bolt on the drivers side (yes a bolt!) and a knackered lock on the passengers side. Good job its got remote central locking!

PW

adrianp
26-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi Paul,

Which bits do you actually need??

The locking bit in the door it self or the striker plate that goes on the body??

Adrian

Steve_M
26-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Do you mean the door lock barrels? i could supply you via work probably either new lock barrels (differant keys) or a complete lock set. Ill get ya prices etc.

Steve M

Paul w
28-08-2002, 07:33 PM
I'm just looking for the lock barrels. I think the car has been broken into at some point, and they have trashed the locks. The rest of the mechanism seems intact.
Are they standard honda lock barrels? How easy is it to change the ignition lock to match the new ones? (or can i get them to match my current one?)

PW

Steve_M
28-08-2002, 08:03 PM
It would look by the part number that beat door locks are actually just Civic ones. If you ordered two locks they would come with two differant keys.

You would only be able to order a lock to match your key if you had the key number, which is probably highly unlikely.

Other wise the only other option is a complete lock set (two door, one boot, one ignition and a document box lock) Quite pricey i should think.

I will check prices and availability tomorrow for you

HTH

Steve