PDA

View Full Version : Good news...bad news!

Paul w
21-12-2002, 09:45 PM
I've just got my seatbelt brackets back from the polishers but all is not well!
They haven't come out as well as i had hoped, about 50% of them are ok, with a further 20-30% being a bit dodgy and the rest are god awful!

I'm waiting to fit a pair of the really bad ones (pitted and generally badly marked on the flat bit) to see if the belt covers the worst of it up. Otherwise i have to hope for a Dremmel this Xmas!!

i'll Pop a pic up in the new year, and i guess i'll have to grade the prices accordingly. (probably from £40 a pair for the nice ones down to £20 for the worst ones inc fixing bolts (allen headed bolts!)

PW:explode:

adrianp
22-12-2002, 09:08 AM
Good news that they are done now then Paul,

Shame about the finish though... Hopefully Santa will bring you what you need to make them better...

Was it a case of the polishers only doing half a job (send the rest back then...) or is it the castings not quite as good on some (reject them to supplier...)

Hopefully they can be finished off properly so that the final item will be as you wanted.

Talk soon

Adrian.

Leachyboy
04-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Hello Paul I am new to the Beat experience ....well actually its my wifes new toy . Anyway I am interested in the seatbelt brackets, a couple of the dodgy ones will do if you think they will buff up well enough to be sprayed in black paint that is. Post me your address and I;ll send a cheque to cover cost of the bit and postage and a bit extra for the membership fund.

Also its not the right section but oil is dripping on my driveway. It originates from the top end and drips down the tin air vent which is on the side of the block . This then neatly deposits oil onto the top of the catalyst through a neat dish with a hole in it ...makes a nice smell. Is this blowing out from some kind of vent as it seems worse when pushing on.. actually I only take it to 5000 as its a bit noisy.

Lastly the the Beat is silver 91 and in a nice condition. bought from High Wycombe area from Stuart 4 weeks ago

Any help appreciated ...Andrew 39 from Southampton

Paul w
04-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi Andrew,
Welcome aboard!

There is no membership fee for this site, but the official club would welcome your membership, i'm sure. (drop a line to jcs on the 'official' part of this board)

I'll send you a PM (personal message) with info and addresses etc.

I fitted the worst two to my old beat, and they looked ok when on, so i think i was being a bit over sensitive!

Regards

PW

Steve_M
04-07-2003, 09:33 PM
That Oil leak sounds as if it could be that your Camshaft oil seal has come out, Ive seen a couple do that. Its gonna be a cambelt off job to sort, replace belt at same time and a new seal.

Other wise other possible causes are Rocker cover seal or split filler pipe.

HTH

Leachyboy
07-07-2003, 12:23 AM
Paul - Thanks for the reply I'll have a couple of the good ones I think .I will send you a cheque in the post this week with my address etc.

Steve - thanks for the info Is the cam shaft oil seal accessible without taking the engine out. Also the engine check light comes on once warm and when accelaerating hard ...could be connected possibly? I'm going to change the oil next weekend and .

Apart from that everythings ok and it goes round corners like a go kart. Question whats the warning sign shape liked a exhaust silencer with hot rays radiating off it

Steve_M
07-07-2003, 06:56 AM
Camshaft seal is just a case of cambelt covers, cambelt and camshaft sproket off. to gain access to seal.

Engine management light on: carry out diagnostic check. bridge service check connecter located in front passengers side corner of engine bay to get flash code from ecu to determine cause of engine light.

Exhaust over heat light: Most likely faulty sensor or disconnected sensor (cat in place??) not detrementle to engine running, just for japanese emission regs. bulb can be removed from instruments.