PDA

View Full Version : New Honda Beat in 2007

MajorTom
24-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Maybe it's old news but I just saw it today. Actually Honda might bring back the Beat in 2007:

http://clabedan.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/beat_1.jpg

Tom

adrianp
24-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Oooh... I want one...:bounce:

Jennifer
24-11-2005, 10:26 PM
I am so having that!! But its got rear seats tho!!

Andrew Fisher
25-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I think my two year old would feel cramped in there!

Wh1teLeopard
25-11-2005, 05:42 PM
:eek:

OOOhhhh! I want! Those back seats would have to go though... taking up valuable shopping space there hee hee

MajorTom
25-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I think the back seats are as functional as in a 206cc (this Beat looks the same in size as a 206cc).
I like that they kept the main shape of the Beat it just evolved. So hope Honda will make it! They killed all their iconic cars as the CRX, Prelude and now the NSX. They should bring back a few now :)

Tom

Jennifer
27-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I agree it looks good as long as it is as fun as our Beats I have no worries but size wise it does look bigger htan a Kei though

adrianp
28-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Wouldn't be suprised if it's front engine/front wheel drive too...:rolleyes:

MajorTom
28-11-2005, 08:21 PM
That's a point there Adrian as it may be FF as almost every Honda's these days. Altough it could use some of the S2000-s drivetrain :) That'd be nice ;)

Tom

Adam
28-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Well we can start writing letters to Honda warning them about the hudge mistake they would make if the car became front wheel drive. We still have time :)

MajorTom
28-11-2005, 09:18 PM
To be honest there might be a chance... I mean I lost faith in Honda after they introduced the 7th gen Civic and killer all their interesting models. But since the new Civic seems like a good direction Honda might've realised that many ppl love them for their sporty image and performance.

Btw there were rumours on the S1000 which might just turn out to be this new BEAT and in case of an S1000 I doubt it would be FF... more like FR :) maybe a 120bhp 1l engine :) if we divide s2000 :D

Tom

Jennifer
28-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Hahaha that would be some crazy a 120bhp 1.0!!!!!! Honda Beat Type R!!!

MajorTom
29-11-2005, 10:11 AM
ACtually it is possible and Honda could easily do it. But in case of an 1L it'd mean high revs all the time killing fuel efficiency which they can't afford to do I think. Hope they're not going to slam in the Jazz's 1.5 sohc vtec which is 105-110hp. That'd make no sense for me.

Tom

Jennifer
29-11-2005, 11:45 AM
You know of they are going to be putting big engine in again then they should just revive the B16a engine.

But I hope they keep the car a Kei, or they should enigneer one of their motorbike engines in now thta be fun

MajorTom
29-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Well Honestly I don't think it's going to be a KEI... not with 2+2 and dunno if KEIs are still an option is Japan as most manufacturers doesn't do them. They do small cars which are good for all markets (EU, USA, rest of the world). Also on the B16a Honda seems to abandon the B engine family and moved to the K and L so I don't think they'd go back to the B as it's emissions and fuel efficiency isn't up to specs and it's also not aluminium or magnesium. It's more likely to be a 206cc size car with L15 in my opinion or maybe a new engine in the future. Or even Hybrid like the Insight, just pepped up a bit. a Hybrid with 120bhp but 70-80mpg would be really nice from Honda :) It'd be a cheap, reliable but fun car and even fast I think.
But then again, maybe they won't do the car at all.

Tom

Wh1teLeopard
29-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Actually i've changed my mind... I don't want a new beat purely because it will make our beats seem less special as they'll become 'the old beat's'... it just seem to take the shine off everything to me...

I mean now people look at mine and say 'what's that'... which is usually greeted from their friend with 'i don't know...' if there's a new beat it'll just be 'it's one of them old beat's'...

Sorry it's just how I can see it in the future. I don't want Honda to make a new Beat... a new s1000 would be ok... just as long as it's not called a Beat.

MajorTom
29-11-2005, 01:46 PM
That was my first thought when I saw the article :)

I don't think they'll call it Beat as the name "beat" would be a selling point only in Japan. So from a marketing point of view it may be called Beat in Japan and S1000 in EU, USA as little brother of the S2000 which is a better selling name in EU, USA as everyone heard of the multi award winning S2000 but no one heard of the Beat. Just my opinion. :)

Tom

p.s.: ofcourse if it'd called Honda Beat we might just do a petition to ban it :D

tinytim
30-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Don't like it!

It looks too much like,,, everything else.

It's not a Beat nor an S2000, it would need to be a hybrid to be interesting at all.

8500rpm
14-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Hello!. I'm Japanese Beater.
I'm driving in Japan.
I'm glad and surprise that I find such as cool fool people who loves such a toy in the WestEnd of the world.

Look.Air-Intake is on the side . It is mean this must be Midship.

But. I've never heard that news in Japan.

MajorTom
14-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Welcome !

You're right i overlooked that it has air vents on the side :)

Well it can be a rumour as there are many every year but who knows it wouldn't be a bad idea for Honda.

What Beat do you have ? Any pictures ?

OZ Samurai lives in Japan altough he's an OZ :)

Sometimes I wish I'd live in Japan 'cos I prefer Japanese cars really... maybe if I'd be there I'd want European cars ? :)

Tom

8500rpm
18-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I have been taught about this news on a Japanese BEAT forum.

A magazine reported the news on July, and it said,
"Honda, try to use INSIGHT's FF platform as MR, by replacing its front and back."

It seems to me that it will be a "Big-Beat" with 1.0-1.5L engine, it won't be a Kei.
orz.

I have a red one with Mugen's tail fin.
We drive 120 thousands km together.
A Picture is on the bottom of my Janglish blog. >http://beatdrive.blogspot.com/

scrimp and save.

ozsamurai
19-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Sorry to join the post a little late, sorry folks I think you are being mislead. I confirmed with development department when I saw this and what you have there is one of the concept drawing for Honda's new flagship model. Since production has stopped on the NSX and S2000 they have had this in the wings as their new flagship, but it will not be a K car. 'Reliable Rumour' around Honda has it that it is going to be a whopping 500Bhp 'mid life crisis' machine, name to be decided, but I have a feeling Beat might be out.. Anyway that's all the info I have so far, am still digging of course, but keep hitting walls, hmmmmm.

Cheers

Oz

MajorTom
19-12-2005, 10:52 AM
OZ,

I don't think Honda will produce a 2+2 nice looking 500bhp car !? I mean the NSX looks like ten times more agressive and sporty and where would you fit a 500bhp engine in this one ? No doubt it won't be a KEI but it looks like a half S2000. I haven't heard about Honda stopping the S2000, they just announced the 2006 models as far as I know. Well I do hope they'll introduce a new "real" nsx soon and this beat-lookalike as well. :)
Ofcourse you're closer to Honda HQ than we are :)

Tom

adrianp
19-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by MajorTom
Of course you're closer to Honda HQ than we are :)

Just a bit closer Tom...

He works for them... ;)

MajorTom
19-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by adrianp

Just a bit closer Tom...

He works for them... ;)

Oooops.. :suicide:

Well there's still one thing: HOPE ! :)

Tom

mathis
08-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi all,

this is the 1st time I heard this news about a new mid-engine cabrio. It looks quite nice but as other mentioned it just look like one of many other new cars. The only question I've got is: by looking at the position of the air intake, if the car is a mid-engine AND 4 seater, it doesn't have much space in the back to accommodate a big engine AND the roof (by the look of the design, it is going to be hard roof convertible)! unless the car is a lot longer than what it looks in the CAD photo.