PDA

View Full Version : Bhp

Midship
07-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any performance mod`s on their beat im looking at making an intake and getting a powerflow with the cat taken out, any one have any idea of how many extra horses I can be expecting?

I know 64 horses from a 660cc normally aspirated engine is very good but I want more ...

Also I have thought of Putting ZEX dry nitrous on it, ZEX comes with three options 55, 75 and 125 BHP gains. Obviously these would prob kill the beat but an extra 20BHP on tap would be lovely if I could get a nozzle to shoot out that amount. ZEX is very easy to fit, its inexpensive and the pack comes with everything required a link to the site is

http://www.zex.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ZX&Category_Code=NX

Another modification I will be eventually looking at is upgrading the ECU I know people who have had them reprogrammed and have had considerable performance gains, I wonder how restrictive the beats ECU is?

What do you all think would i kill my beloved beat with nitrous? Should I just stick to the powerflow and intake and be happy?

Thanks
:D

Steve_M
07-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Happy Engine ReBuilds!!!!

Adam
07-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Don't be so negative Steve, it could be funny getting hit with a piston in the head.

Only kidding John, I am all for it! Take a crack at life.

Midship
08-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok maybe not nitrous then :(... but I dream of more power!

Ill put a post up when I get the powerflow and intake and hopefully they’ll make a slight difference, I can’t really complain as i said before 64BHP from a 660cc engine isn’t bad at all.... Especially when the engine is roaring right behind you :cool:

Paul
08-01-2003, 03:28 PM
How about a turbo, i believe thats been done before, I have seen beats advertised as turbos, but not actually seen it myself.

Providing you dont over do it on the boost your pistons shouldnt melt too much!

Midship
08-01-2003, 11:52 PM
A turbo would be gr8 but expensive and I dont think it would be handy getting a turbo to suit the beat, thats why I was thinking about nitrous.. Its cheap universal and fairly simple to fit, dose anyone on the site has or knows anyone who has a turbo?

Adam
09-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Here is something I came across. No its not me!!
Thats what happens when you derestrict the ECU.

adrianp
09-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Hi John,

You could always think about one of these,supercharger (http://www.electricsupercharger.com) ,

I've just e-mailed them with a few questions on their practicality on an engine our size, I'll update this when I get a reply.

Worth a thought though...

Adrian.
:bounce:

adrianp
11-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Well here we go,

I've had a reply to my e-mail and have copied it here for everyone to look at...

I've also atteched the same pic that I e-mailed over to them..

Comments Anyone...

************e-mail************

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been looking through your site with interest but before I decide to consider one of your products for my plaything (Honda Beat) I have a couple of questions.

1a) My plaything only has an engine size of 656cc and 3 Cylinders (64 BHP), would one of your items be suitable for this type of setup.

1b) If so, what sort of performance gains would I be looking at.

2) The engine I have has the airfilter directly in front of the inlet
manifold (see attached picture), would it be best to leave the filter in place or remove it and use a version with a cone filter fitted??? Also the air inlet path is almost square shaped, how airtight do the connections have to be for the unit to be fully functional?? (Probably a silly question that...)

3) How much would shipping be to the UK, or do you have a UK distributor that I would purchase one from???

If this is suitable then I beleive other owners in the UK would be
interested also due to their being a lack of tuning parts available for this car in the UK as it was meant for the Japanese market only.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Adrian Pryke
Ipswich

***********REPLY*************

Sounds like an interesting project, Im sure that the eRAM will work , but
you have to straighten out your installation issues, as it will be a
little bit of a chore to mount to your intake system. creativity will be
needed I imagine.

shipping to UK is around $30 boat, $60 air, and you can order on our
website.

Gains could possibly be in the 10% range, due to the small engine size, but
we wont know for sure.

Mark Kibort
eRACING
Holbert WR setting 928S4
SPEED GT #19
http://www.hamelin-usa.com/928/kibort/
www.electricsupercharger.com

Jason
11-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey guys,

Do you think that it could be mounted here with the original filter element removed? Do you think that the engine could be damaged by adding such a device? Finally what is that cool little LCD thing mounted on the dash?

Regards

Jason :rolleyes:

adrianp
11-01-2003, 03:58 PM
Hi Jason,

The digital display in the other photo is the readout from a Digital Speedo Unit (in KPH).

I have recently had a magazine turn up from the USA with a Beat road test in it, they mention that a Honda Designer said that they could easily get another 10-15 BHP from the engine but had to restrict it due to the regulations (64 BHP Max...) so extracting more might not be that difficult.

I was thinking about mounting it here instead, as it is already round... (bit you chose is Square...!!!) (oops, just looked at a photo, nope... it's round... ) All I need to do is get things apart to see if it will physically fit...:confused: But with the weather we keep having, I think it might have to wait a while...

Adrian

Adam
11-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Here is that page where the guy is installing the digital speedo.

Check out the 6 light conversion, its very nice.

http://www.tim.hi-ho.ne.jp/kita-h/page_BEAT/indexBE_ELC1.htm#ARM

here is the K&N induction:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/keisgarage/

Listen to the mp3's, sounds good!!

Jason
11-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Hey guys,

I heard that you guys are getting snow. Its hard to sleep here with 30C plus days. Would it be possible to email me a copy of the US article? Is there anyone in the club that is considering adding a supercharger. With up to a 10% increase in power output the Beat would be what we call here a "Street Sleeper".

Regards

Jason :)

Midship
12-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Hi,

I have also heard that the beats were restricted to 64BHP hopefully by making an induction and getting an exhaust might help unleash a few extra BHP, I really want a Mugen header to go with the exhaust but their really expensive! I plan to remove the CAT from the car when I am getting the exhaust fitted this should also give me extra power.

I would imagine Honda restricted the beat by writing programs into the ECU that makes the car economical and Eco friendly. I believe fields make a replacement ECU’s for the beat that are more performance orientated but they are really expensive. I was looking at getting Hondata for the beat (www.hondata.com) they claim to have one for every Honda but the beat isn’t listed on their site so I have emailed them and asked them. Apparently they are the best for Honda performance tuning and are very popular in America

Ive never heard of super-e-chargers before however the idea seems like it would work, however I wonder how reliable the motor be and what sort of sound it would make.

Thanks for the suggestions

john m
16-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Adam,
Nice web sites but how do we go about getting those parts? Japanese companies will not deal with exports to Europe. I really like the front bumper and the light conversion, has anyone has any idea how to get these parts?
The bumper gives the Beat an S2000 look.

John

Adam
16-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Thats the fun part John!

Thare in no way that I can think of to buy them, but! Ah yes there is a but. You can mould anything you like out of fibreglass. I know we live in a country where nothing is available but if your anyway handy you can do this.

I am planning on moulding a full once off body kit for my car soon. The problem is that I have no time.

Try it, just wear gloves.

Dave
17-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Hi Adam,

Let us know how you get on with the body kit - it sounds great!

Regards,
Dave

Yojimbo!
15-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Didn't Honda use a turbocharged version of the Beats engine in another of it's K cars?

LawrenceHarding
16-04-2007, 12:36 AM
There has been reference to an Australian firm supplying a supercharger kit at around £4500 on this site but the search engine doesn't bring it up. Am I missing something or are older posts deleted after a while? Japanese Performance Car featured a Beat with nitrous a couple of years ago, it may also have been mentioned here. Project Bea(s)t rings a vague bell.

LawrenceHarding
16-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Try looking at page 5 under Off beat posting supercharged Beat.