PDA

View Full Version : It's leaking!!!

Ruschie
02-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi there!
I'm a new Beat owner of bout 6 weeks.

I am desperate for a new roof in AUSTRALIA!!!
Anyone know who can help because so far no one knows what the Beat is and doesn't want to touch it.

The leak is running down the inside of the side window seal to the corner of the windscreen and dripping!!! And starting to smell!!!!!

Anything would be a help.

Thanks Nicole

JGGIB
02-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Thought its always sunny in Oz :) I think you can pull the rubber at the side of the roof out a bit so they are more over the window solved my leak for a while .couple beat owners in oz contact Jason ..

adrianp
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi Nicole,

Firstly, welcome to the mad house (you have to be mad to own one of these don't you... ;) )

Right, onto the problem...

The easiest solution would be a new roof direct from Honda... I did this a couple of years back and it cost me approx £650 GBP to buy...

Next, and a bit cheaper would be to drop an e-mail to Oxted trimming (details are on here somewhere) I'm sure they would be able to send you a roof over so that you can have a local trimming company fit it for you.

BUT firstly we need to get the leak stopped whilst you work out what to do...

I'd guess that the water is getting in through the stitching at the edge of the roof, the easiest (but slightly messy) thing to do would be to run a thin bead of bathroom silicone sealent along the stitching and then flatten the bead out to cover the edge as neat as possible (will end up a bit shiney when dry but hopefully will stop the leak.)

Alternatively, you might be able to puff the seals out a bit by using thin strips of pipe insulation (used to cover copper pipes over here to protect them against frost)

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/83/p1050683_l.jpg

It might help fill the middle of the seals and hopefully compress them against the roof a bit to stop the water getting in.

Hope this lot helps, any more questions, just ask.

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Geoff who was selling bits off the broken beat, on ebay told me that you can adjust the window from inside the door so that it pushes into the seals a bit more.

Haven't tried it, anyone else had a go?

ozsamurai
23-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Aussies everywhere lately!! Hi Nicole,

Inofrmation you need is on my HP

this should get you out of trouble...

Cheers

Ozhttp://members.lycos.co.uk/ozsamurai/InformationPages/softtop.htm

Ruschie
04-04-2006, 03:50 AM
Thanks heaps for the info (your HP) I gave Nigel at Nolans a call and he's getting a roof in for me.
I was just about to get a custom vinal top made when you posted the info so I can now get a cloth one fitted for the same price!!
Hopefully it will stop some of the leaking!

ozsamurai
04-04-2006, 05:04 AM
No problems, if you feel inclined donate a few bucks to the site, they are the guys who deserve the praise for having a place for us wayward Beat owners to come with our woes....:D

Cheers

Oz