PDA

View Full Version : installing Project A chip

MajorTom
03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi there,

I'd like to get this installed during the weekend so removed the ECU from the car.

Mine came with no manual so I'm stuck with two chips (the big one in a socket) and a link cable. Anyone has the manual as also in the ECU there's only one big chip (OKI) and two empty soldering space for the project A chip and for the small one. Doesn't seem straightforward to me so any help is welcome. :)

Soldering is alright as I did the same in my CRX before but that was really easy (only one chip to change and same layout).

Thanks,
Tom

adrianp
04-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi Tom,

Drop me either an e-mail or PM with your e-mail address and I'll pop some instructions over to you...

Ady.

Paul w
04-03-2006, 11:03 AM
if you dont have one, buy a solder sucker (eg RS part number 544-516) as copper braid just doesnt work well enough.

Once all the holes are clean, you can just pop in the small chip and the chip holder for the big one.

I'd change your capacitors while you have it out too!

PW

MajorTom
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks for both of you, Adrian I just PMd you.

I checked the capacitors and they seem fine as this is a fairly new ECU (2-3 years old) although I might put some heat resistant material there while putting it back.

Thanks again,
Tom

adrianp
04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
No problem Tom, I've just sent it off to you, just take your time and you should be fine...

Ady.

MajorTom
04-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Received it, thanks a lot!

Tom