PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Relay is sorted now!

Dave
17-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

I finally got my new relay (€75 and three weeks later!)... what a job toget it in!

Still have to take out the old one (didn't have propper toolkit!) but I will do that today.

Just a big thank you to everyone for the advice/tips - Thank You!

Next issue now - the bloody water squirter (very technical I know!) has packed in!

I have the NCT on the 22nd and I hope they dont check the car for the ability to squirt water! Someone said to me that it could be a fuse or something - but I don't know where to look.

When I pull back the leaver thingie there is no pump/whirring noise - any suggestions please?

The squirter on the driver side was always pretty weak so should I just get a new one - will a standard one do?

Sorry for nagging - as always any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kindest regards,
Dave

Steve_M
17-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Dave

Do your wipers and electric windows work??

If they do then its not the fuse for the washers.

If not then the fuse is the 3rd one down on the left as you look at the fuse box under the dash. its a 15A fuse.

I would most likely suspect the pump.

Pump is located on the front of the washer bottle, two wires a black which is the earth and the green/black which is feed via the switch.

Pump part number is 38512-SB0-922
Washer jets are 76810-SS1-003

HTH

Adam
17-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi Dave,

They don't check for that and in my case they didn't even shake the car as the car just about made it on the ramp. Oh, leave the seat pushed back as the guy couldn't figure it, (it was funny to see him getting in and out).

They don't really know how to approach this car,so there is nothing to worry bout.

GOOD LUCK

Dave
20-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Hi Chaps,

Many thanks for getting back to me on this. As always Steve your a fantastic mine of info!

The wipers and windows both work fine so I jiggled the pump wires a bit and lo and behold the washer worked fine. Stop at the wires and no joy. Looks like dodgy contacts or something simple.

I'd get static on the radio when I flick the washer so I'd know there was some action going on there. I hope stripping the wires back a bit should yield results.

I must admit Adam I'm a bit worried about the NCT guys shaking the bejazus outa my baby but from your experiences I should be in for a laugh :p

Many thanks again Lads - I'll let you know about the test!

Kind Regards,
Dave

Adam
20-01-2003, 11:39 PM
It will be grand, they don't know them so its a novelty for them. Just check the usual things like lights, tyres, reg plate, battery bolted down, degrease the engine, clean it up a little and all will be good!

My bulb fell out when he slammed the bonnet . :mad: Only if that glass wasn't in the way.

Have fun!

P.S. I see why you like roundabouts!!!
:D

Dave
22-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi Lads,

Good news on the NCT!

Woohoo :bounce:

It was quite funny watching the tester open the bonnet looking for the engine - scratch his head and open the boot :eek:

He flicked the lights and indicators a couple of times - put it up on the ramp and just looked under her.

Many, many thanks to everyone for all the advice and help. The car wasn't in anything like bad condition when I bought it but there were (still are) a couple of things to do to get her the way I'd like.

Cheers and Thanks,
Dave

P.S. Adam - see you on the roundabouts :p

Adam
22-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Congratulations,

Don't go breaking it now, cause you'll be back next year.