New CTR....

Me want!

PW

Paul w
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Rear

MajorTom
08-03-2006, 12:11 PM
I hope for a Test Drive as soon as it's available :) Looks sexy and I hope it drives as good or better than the previous one (which looked like a riced up shopping car for my taste).

Tom

AliA
08-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I have had the EP3 version for 3 years and its a great car. There is quite a debate going on in the Civic forums I use regarding its current engine and related horsepower output. The Fords and Vauxhalls etc have focused on getting more hp out of there cars to close the gap on the last Type-R and it appears that Honda won't follow their trend but will focus more on its handling etc.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing regarding the lastest version of the Type R. I have a few mods on my car etc and not sure to upgrade or stck with what I have got. A few other peeps are in the same boat and will stick with the 'old' Type R. A few are undecided and a few are going to switch. Also it will take a year or so for the mods to make it onto the market.

Its all unknowns though until its released and people have had chance to test drive it. I'll try and get a test drive when it comes out in 2007 and finally make my mind up then.

LOL @ Tom :p

Heres a video of it

This movie is the press conference / unveiling of the new Honda Civic Type-R Concept (from the Geneva Motor Show). It's quite a hefty file at some 78MB but excellent quality and in DivX format.

not sure if it will allow the link because its a direct link on a type-r forum.

Link (right click save as) (http://type-r-owners.co.uk/Videos/CTR_Concept_qddzx.avi)

Also there is talk of a Type-RR i.e a striped down hardcore version, although nobody has got much hard evidence of this.

ali

jcs
30-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I have an EP3 and it's excellent, but I think I fancy the new one, provided it looks like this - not in honk yellow though! If they've tweaked that little handling bug, I reckon out-and-out HP isn't as important as putting it on the ground and getting it round the corners.

John

jcs
31-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Local dealer told me that Honda denied these rumours to shut up one of the car mags that had got too close. In fact, there will be a hotter version with the 2.4 VTEC engine - should be fun!

Ian G
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Hello - I am a new beat owner - I bought the silver beat for sale in Cambridge. I have just started the process of restoring the car to it's former glory. It could be a long process.

Regarding the new Type R, the car will have basically the same engine as the old version - no 2.4 on the cards. The car will look pretty much the same as in the photo's - it will not be available in yellow though.

My source is very reliable - I live near Swindon.

DaX
06-02-2007, 07:11 PM
No fair! We don't get such cool toys stateside. :)

Bruce
18-02-2007, 07:58 PM
A legend ruined.

I just found out that the new Civic Type R has torsion bar rear suspension, to give it more interior room... It's not as if a huge car like that is short of space... Not even MacPherson Struts like the Beat, let alone the all-round F1-style Double Wishbone type on my recently sold '93 Civic ESi. God I am missing it. The Beat keeps me sane though.

B