PDA

View Full Version : Classic Car Show - Rolls Royce, Hucknall 17 June

jcs
08-04-2006, 05:19 PM
This event takes place on Saturday 17 June on the RR factory sports ground in Hucknall, near Nottingham.

Over the last few years we've usually had a few Beats attend and it's a very pleasant day out with cars of all sorts, old and newish.

I have a form from the organisers and will book some space if people will post to let me know if they'd like to attend. I need to confirm attendance numbers by 17 May.

We need to be on site by 10:00 and usually remain until 15:30.

Maps (or a street address for SatNav owners) will be available in due course.

AliA
08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Put me down for a possible :) will have to check a few dates before confirming.

jcs
08-05-2006, 12:09 AM
I've booked a small plot at the show on 17 June for anyone who wants to Beat a path to Rolls Royce, Hucknall. Cars on site by 10:00 if you want to turn up.

John

jcs
21-05-2006, 06:14 PM
WOW!

For the first time in 6 years, this event WILL include a tour of the test installations, museum, new engineering works, a run-up of an RR jet engine on the external test rig (fantastic) AND a fly past (various planes - last time there was a Spitfire, bi-planes and a jet or two!)

The car show is usually good, but the re-introduction of the tour makes it an absolute MUST!

Please let me know if you're interested as you will need a Car Entry Pass, which includes several Pedestrian Passes (H&S regs because of the factory tour etc.). I can send this to you by snail-mail, so please post your intent here, email or PM me as soon as possible.

Cheers
John

UltraViolet
03-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Hiya John,

Sorry I am so late in replying, but would it be possible to squeeze an NSX onto your stand? Can I still get a ticket? (Car, driver, 1 passenger?)

Sammy

jcs
03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Sammy,

No problem - I'll snail-mail you a pass for the show. It's a copy of that supplied to me, so you'll need to supply some details to Mick Murphy on arrival. He'll be organising cars and stands on the way in to the grounds. Just tell him the NSX is a Beat on steroids!

Cheers
John

jcs
03-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AliA
Put me down for a possible :) will have to check a few dates before confirming.

Will you still be coming to Hucknall - if so, I need to send you an entry pass. PM or email me your postal address if you want a pass.

John

PP1
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi John,

How've you been? Do you think you can let me joint you guys on the 17th? Im no longer a beat owner :( but this event sounds really good to miss. I can also reutrn the hammer I borrowed from last year :p

I'll most likely be driving my classic 89' skyline No bodykit No sound system No loud exhaust, but with a silver Honda Beat model on the dash. hope this help get me in lol

chrees,
Dick

jcs
04-06-2006, 12:12 AM
No problem Dick,

Just confirm your postal address to me by PM or email and I'll send you the necessary entry form. You'll need to give Mick Murphy some details on arrival and tell him your car's a Beat Buddy!

Is that my hammer you've got?

John

PP1
04-06-2006, 01:16 AM
:bounce: WoooHooo

Thanks again John for letting me joint you guys.

Just need to find the rubber hammer now...... :p

p.s. PM sent

UltraViolet
04-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by PP1

I'll most likely be driving my classic 89' skyline No bodykit No sound system No loud exhaust, but with a silver Honda Beat model on the dash. hope this help get me in lol

Cool - my car qualifys as classic too - original '91 just the same as the original press shots (red with black roof) and also no kit, no sound system, no loud exhaust etc etc, :D
We should perhaps park at each end with the Beats then slightly forward so we are like the 'body guardss' providing safety for our little celebrities. :p

PP1
05-06-2006, 11:40 PM
:D that sounds quite cool, a NSX and a GTR as bodyguard. Who's gonna mess with the Beat stand lol

Although, I m thinking of bringing somthing a bit more suitable. A 1976 Champion White Honda Civic with only 30k miles. Its my friends car, he is gonna be away on the 17th and I know where he live hmmm........ if I beg real hard there might be a slim chance.

jcs
06-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by PP1
:D A 1976 Champion White Honda Civic with only 30k miles

Very nice, but not terribly butch as a bodyguard!

PP1
07-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Very true, come to think of it. I don't really fancy driving the classic Civic from Kent to Hucknall :p

PP1
08-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Just a quick thanks to John, I got your letter today.

ps. I love the Avantime since I saw it at a motorshow. I remember the one I saw is a dark metallic purple, looks really good. It didn't sale too well in the UK, hence becoming very rare now.

UltraViolet
17-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Hiya - could you let us have the postcode for the SatNav?

See you tomorrow. :D

PP1
17-06-2006, 12:40 AM
try NG15 6__ sorry this is all I can see from multimap. or try put Trent Drive which seem to be very close to the RR factory.
Sorry can't be more help:o