PDA

View Full Version : Removing the Front Bumper

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Repair to headlights, aftermarket spoilers all require the bumper to be removed, so here's how its done!

These 4 grommets need to be removed, in a genuine Beat the center is a screw threaded plastic bolt, it is extremely unlikely that they will actually screw out at all, I suggest you upgrade these to a better clip anyway, so I choose to drill them out, will do the same with rear bumper.

From Lawrence

If you want to preserve the standard plastic screws try the following.
Clean the cross out thoroughly, make sure you have well fitting screwdriver and apply a little WD40 or similar. Apply suficient pressure to turn the centre screw. If it rotates but does not come out carefully insert the tip of a stanley knife or similar between the two parts of the fastener and lever it out while turning until you can get fingernails behind the head.

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 01:54 PM
drilling them out

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Remove bolts 10mm from the 3 fixing points on the front, under the bottom Bumper insert (2) and center under the license plate. The black plastic bumper inserts are removed simply by pulling them off.

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Two more 10mm bolts on the underside..

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Remove the two phillips head screws from inside the front wheel arches....

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Close the bonnet, ease off the sides of the bumper first (phillips screw area), and then lift the bumper clearby pulling directly forward. Replace in reverse order

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Throw on your new bumper!!

MajorTom
13-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Ahh OZ the last step was a killer ! :explode:

Need to relocate to JPN :)

Tom

Midship
13-04-2006, 03:13 PM
God thats the cleanest under bonnet ive ever seen... first thing saturday ill be out scrubbing mine :)

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Just wait till I get around to cleaning it, was waiting for the new spoiler to be fitted before gving it a scrub.... Over here under the bonnet is the show piece for your club stickers etc...

This is one of the best Spoilers I have seen for the Beat so far, S2000 crossed with a Nissan 300ZX?? paint hits it tommorrow so will have some new pics soon.... so much to do yet....

Cheers

Oz

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 03:44 PM
like this.. Now thats clean, at the shows in Japan all Beat bonnets are always open like this... show off the tower bar etc..

Adam
13-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Oz,

That car looks mint. Congratulations.

I really like that front bumper. I'm in the middle of doing mine and its a lot like yours. Althou I going for the Too fast too furious S2000 bumper.

I got one on my civic and it looks great.

Sorry I just realised that this is a How to Thread!!

LawrenceHarding
14-04-2006, 01:04 AM
If you want to preserve the standard plastic screws try the following.
Clean the cross out thoroughly, make sure you have well fitting screwdriver and apply a little WD40 or similar. Apply suficient pressure to turn the centre screw. If it rotates but does not come out carefully insert the tip of a stanley knife or similar between the two parts of the fastener and lever it out while turning until you can get fingernails behind the head.