PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cap (Lost it)

dirtdigby
26-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know what oil cap will fit the Beat? I am having to put oil in my Beat at least once a week because it is burning oil loads and the other day I forgot to put the cap back on and I have sionce lost it. I have tried loads of oil caps but cant find one that fits. Will I have to order one from Japan and pay a silly pice for it?:help:

Steve_M
26-01-2003, 02:57 PM
I would say that the Oil filler cap on a Beat is quite specific to a Beat, Its not like the normal screw type which other hondas have on the rocker cover.

Part no. for it is 15610-PE9-003

I could price it up for you on monday and supply if required.

HTH

dirtdigby
26-01-2003, 03:05 PM
If you could please Steve. Do you think that my Beat isn't performing as well as it should because I've got a oil cap on that doesn't fit correct?

Kind Regards,

John
Essex

Steve_M
26-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Best to try and block the opening really, even with tape or something like that, as you dont want water going down into the engine. (I know the top of my cap is always full of water)

Engine fumes from the crank case will come out of the open filler rather than them going via the breathing system and being reburnt by the engine, so its polluting the enviroment a little.

Will reply back monday with a price for a new one.

HTH

Adam
27-01-2003, 01:26 PM
I looked for a cap that would fit too but I had no luck. Its more like a radiator cap then an oil one.

So I drove with the top down for a few weeks and all the fumes kept caming back into the car. A headache is an understatement. Tape it up or do something.

Steve_M
27-01-2003, 07:41 PM
A new oil filler cap is going to cost you £9.38.

If you want one, let me know and send me a cheque and i will include postage in that price and send it to ya.

HTH