PDA

View Full Version : Rearmwindw, roof studs, battery, gasket

Ash
30-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Hello
A few queries for a new beat which I ave bought.
1) It's being repaired but I am having difficulty obtaining manifold gaskets (exhaust b18115p23000 and Intake b17105p3600). Honda dealer has them on back order but cannot give me a date. All other parts have arrived, just not those gaskets. Any ideas?

2) Also the rear window is opaque. I emailed Phil@Beatproducts.co.uk for replacement but haven't had reply-I'm not sure if he is still doing this type of work.

3) Some studs are missing from the hood.

4) I am looking for AGM (Absorption Glass Mat) battery. Cannot find a source in UK. This is not a standard battery but better (more powerful and safer). see http://www.dcbattery.com/optima.html

Can anyone help me find any of the above.
I am in Maidenhead UK, although the car (and my home) is in Newcastle upon Tyne.

FYI= My insurance from Tesco is £410. TPF&T with 2 yrs no claims bonus.

Thanks in Advance
Ash Nehmet

Dave
30-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi Ash & Welcome,

If you post a message to Phil here Im sure he will get back to you. He supplied me with a replacment rear window (on an exchange and return basis) and I have to say it is GREAT!

Steve_M is the chap to post to with regards to the roof screws - and indeed everything else (I haven't put mine in yet Im such a lazy sod!)

Any parts I ordered from a Honda dealer here in Ireland took a couple of weeks as they had to come from Norway apparently.

Dont know much about the battery tho sorry - got mine replaced and the guy just fired in one that would fit :p

Can anyone else help here?

Best of luck,
Dave

Adam
30-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Hi Ash,

Everything Dave said and if you bring the old battery or the spec to a car shop they will match up one for you. Goodluck.

Steve_M
30-01-2003, 07:49 PM
I have both the Inlet manifold gasket (17105-P36-000) and the 3 Exhaust gaskets (18115-PZ3-000)

will check at work tomorrow as to their price and let you know.

If its the screws/poppers which go round the edge of the roof 3 each side and 3 in the boot shut. They are around the £2.25 each mark.

Exact prices tomorrow.

Ash
31-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Steve
I have send you email with my requirements.
Thanks for help
Ash