PDA

View Full Version : Ignition switch

Midship
04-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Just wondering the cost/availability of an ignition switch? and will one off another Honda fit?

Thanks

Steve_M
04-02-2003, 08:14 PM
It would look as to beable to get the igntion switch you would have to buy it whole with new steering lock assembly. which is £269.31 and would come with a couple of new keys.

Otherwise perhaps considering a lock set, thats all the locks on a beat with the same key and inc the steering lock/ignition switch for £314.05.

As to whether another honda switch will fit, well, pass on that one, usual one of you would only find out by trying it.

HTH

Midship
06-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Thanks Steve,

A friend of mine has a 92 civic so I had a look at the ignition, lt looks to be very similar, it’s the same size but the assembly seems to be mounted at a slightly different angle. I priced a new lock set for a civic and it works out at £130 STG or 200 Euro.

Dose any one know if the lock barrel can be taken out of the beats steering lock assembly? If so, I could possibly be able to fit the civic barrel into the beats assembly-saving me £££!
:)

Steve_M
06-02-2003, 08:12 PM
It would look as if, with the steering wheel, switch assemblies and gauge assembly removed. that on removal of a grub screw and the steering lock being in the ACC position that the barrel will come out.

Who know if a civic one will fit, trial and error. could be costly.

I do know that the door locks are from a civic shuttle, but its a 93 MY and UK did not have the shuttle then, so cant source them from the breakers, otherwise most of the other locks are Beat specfic part numbers.

HTH

Midship
06-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks again Steve!

I’m going to try and remove the barrel and compare it with a civic one, than make a decision on weather or not to purchase a beat ignition.

Midship
07-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Bump,

Paul Huges (non member) whos a beat owner might be interested in this post

Cheers

Michael

barkley
07-05-2005, 03:37 PM
also take a look at rover 200`s i have fitted barrells into civics from them and the door locks a small mod is required but it does work rovers from 96 to 2000 for hondas round 92 to 96

ozsamurai
11-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Stupid idea maybe but why not exchange out the key ignition for a push starter from an S2000, its done to death over here...just a thought.. or did I miss the point

Oz