PDA

View Full Version : Am I too tall?

Robin
04-02-2003, 09:07 PM
I am about to buy my first ever Honda Beat and i am worried about one thing.

the car itself seems fine, it has full servie history, a/c, e/w, alarm/immob, 6cd changer, Powerflow s/s exhaust, new Mohair hood, over £2000 receipts, £500 p/plate, immaculate. the asking price is £3,600 . ono.

the thing i am worried about is my height. i am 6' 1" and i am worried i wont fit into the car comfortably and that my head will be cramped against the soft top.

any opinions?
Cheers
Robin
:help:

Adam
05-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Hey Robin,

I think you will fit but I dont think it will be confortable. I have carried people your height before and there was no problem. Maybe a K-Class car is not for you. There is not much you can do with the seat. I suggest that you only drive on sunny days for short distances if you really want it. Best thing is if you test drive it.

Good luck.

adrianp
06-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Hi Robin,

To be honest, buying a beat is pretty much like any other car when looking around it.

Although the drivers seat does tend to wear through on these cars due to a bad design area on the seat back...

Japanese cars tend not to be undersealed so sometimes rust can be a bit of a problem but normally it's only a minor problem.

With full service history, you should have a good idea on how the car has been looked after over the last few years.

The main couple of points though are :

1) when was the timing belt last changed, They are meant to last up to 100,000 km but it is best to change them after 50,000 as they have been known to break well before 100,000. (OOPS Expensive)

2) What is the number stamped on the distributor??? if it is lower than 3828 then it will be from an early batch that some were prone to siezing, see the posts called "Help! Distributor number" & "Dizzy" further down the messages for a bit more info on this.

As for being 6'1", well the only way to find out is to take the one you are thinking about for a nice long test drive to make sure you are comfortable driving it. The thing is, some tall people have longer legs than others so thats really the only real way to find out.

Any more questions then please ask away.

Talk soon

Adrian
:bounce:

Dave
07-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Hi Robin & welcome,

I think everything the other lads said stands but remember - its not an issue how tall you are - its a convertable :bounce:

Sorry, sorry.. I had to.

I hope you decide to go ahead after a test drive - the car really is a LOT of fun!

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Dave