PDA

View Full Version : how can i determine the month of manufacture for Canadian import requirements?

manitobabeat
01-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Hello. I am importing an early Beat from Japan to Canada. The Canadian government requires that the car is 15 years old TO THE MONTH. My car is PP1-1004839,which I think is about June or July 1991. However, on the Japanese documents for kei cars, the month of first registration is not given (unlike for bigger cars in Japan). Therefore, I need some other means of proving my car is over 15 years old...any ideas? Maybe a nice letter on Honda letterhead? Thanks,
John

adrianp
01-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Have a look on the seatbelt tags, I think it gives both month & year it was made.

Hopefully that will help

Adrian.

manitobabeat
05-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi, Adrian. Thanks for the seatbelt dating tip. As my car is currently at sea, could someone kindly have a look at their Beat's seatbelt and tell me what it says on the tag? A photo would be great if possible. I will need to have an official check the car's seatbelt tag in bond in a Customs warehouse, so a photo or good description would help to point us in the right direction. Thanks!
John