PDA

View Full Version : E07A Today engine

Midship
17-02-2003, 07:49 PM
I am planing to take the engine out of my beat in the near future to renew pistons rings etc. A garage has an E07A engine for sale and I had intended buying it and rebuilding it, then swapping that engine into my beat.

However theres a problem, even though the engine is a Honda E07A sohc 3 cylinder 660cc engine, it appears that its not from a beat! I think its from a Honda Today car.

Dose any one know if this engine will fit into the beat? Im presuming the block should be ok since it’s E07A. Is it worth buying? It is cheap but theres no point in buying it if its good for nothing!

Thanks

Steve_M
17-02-2003, 07:51 PM
I think you will find the engine is all the same, apart form the fact that the today did not have the MTREC manifold, just a normal throttle body.

So using the block and head and swapping all ancilleries off your beat engine would be the plan

HTH

Midship
18-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks steve i think ill make an offer on it then. The main difference that i could see was (as you said) there was no mtrec, just pgmfi also the sump was not flat with honda on it like the beat it was a totally different shape, do you think this would make a difference?

Steve_M
18-02-2003, 12:26 AM
it might mean the sump hands down too low in a Beat, and you would have to swap that over as well.

HTH

Midship
18-02-2003, 12:52 AM
Thanks Steve :D

john m
18-02-2003, 10:03 AM
What is a Honda Today and where did you manage to find it? Any more? could be handy for parts. Can the gear box/clutch etc also be used?

John

Midship
19-02-2003, 03:20 AM
Hi John,
The honda today car looks like this:

Midship
19-02-2003, 03:33 AM
As you can see the body parts are slightly different! However it dose have the same engine as the beat (E07A) and this one being the RS version also has MTREC! I know a place that has broken an ordinary Today (non-mtrec). They have a gearbox as well as an engine left however they told me that they had previously sold the gearbox to someone with a beat and they had returned it, as it didn’t fit. Might be something got to do with the fact beats are RWD and as far as i know the todays are FWD, as for the clutch id say thats the same, i think i have some tech info on the Today somewhere if i can find it ill post it up

HTH

Midship
19-02-2003, 03:38 AM
A Nice Today Engine Bay

Midship
28-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Well the engine is almost ready to fit into my beat but theres a problem ........ :(

The E07A engine block is moulded differently to the beats engine block. one of the engine mounts wont fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Feel like pulling my hair out!!

:explode:

Jason
28-03-2003, 11:21 PM
John,

Is there any way of making an adaptor plate to allow it to fit? Did the Honda Today have some sort of arm?

Regards

Jason

Midship
29-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Hi Jason,

Im not too sure what the today mount looks like, I could make some bracket to fit onto the today engine so it would fit into the beat but it would take time to get it 100% right. I took apart my beat engine earlier so ill hone that tomorrow and use that block instead of the Today one.

Id say it will be a week or two until my beat is driving though. Im waiting on my twin exit stainless exhaust and my induction kit :D
and some parts form Honda

A word of warning for anyone thinking about rebuilding.. Order your parts well in advance, I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and am still waiting on some bits!