PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning

Jason
19-02-2003, 04:49 AM
Hey up there,

With Australia in severe drought and it being constantly hot I felt inclined to get my air conditioning regassed. Alas, after only a few short months it is no longer working. I have since taken it back, but have been unable to find any leak. Is there any particular areas to be lookings?

Regards

Jason :rolleyes:

Steve_M
19-02-2003, 07:05 AM
Mine had a slight leak around the sight glass, when i got it regassed you could see slight bubble coming out once it had pressure in it, there was also an oily patch down off the pressure switch which it below it.

The sight glass is in the pipe which you can see near the passenger side head lamp, as it goes down to the receiver/dryer (the shiney cannister you can see in through the front bumper)

HTH

jcs
19-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Had a similar but more major problem with Chris' Beat. In this case the pipe had blown (no obvious drama) and the gas had corroded a small patch of the fine vanes in the cooling rad right behind it. It hadn't affected the engine cooling, but the pipe, with sight glass etc., needed replacing. Can't remember the price, but Steve M can advise. It wasn't a big job, but we a;so had the receiver/dryer replaced. That was an alternative unit, not Honda, which would have been quite expensive. Got it re-gassed and it's worked fine ever since.
:bounce: