PDA

View Full Version : Project Kimber

JamesJT
17-09-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't know if anybody's interesterd but...

Gordon Murray is re-engineering the smart roadster for Project Kimber. I read and agreed with his assessment of the smart in EVO, that's why I sold my roadster and bought a Beat.

The new car will be badged AC. It could be the "new" honda beat.

James

Bruce
28-09-2006, 02:13 AM
They will be axing the Roadster's granny-matic semi-auto gearbox and replacing it with a manual - this is great news. The engine will apparently be the VVTi engine from the Toyota Aygo, with a turbo option.

Gordon Murray is an absolute *legend*. He designed simply the best road car ever (albeit only the 2nd fastest...), the McLaren F1.

He also designed an even rarer road car that makes the Beat look like a Range Rover... The Light Car Company Rocket, from 1991. Like the Beat, it is a 2-seat mid engined sportscar, but with half the mass and over double the power.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2403

I'd like to see more cars with this 'tandem' layout - it is much more aerodynamicly efficient. I think the all-electric (and very speedy) 'Tango' recently developed by Prodrive and driven by George Clooney is the only other car I know of which has gone that way. I guess it's not very social for chatting to your passenger, but then I've always thought of driving as a generally very anti-social activity...

Bruce

Wh1teLeopard
28-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Espically in my beat, you can't hear them anyway lol