PDA

View Full Version : Plug gap

johnross
01-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Anyone know what the plugs should be set to?

Cheers, John.

johnross
01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm asking this question because I have a misfire which comes in at low revs when the engine has warmed up - feels like plugs/distributor to me. Having opened the distributor cap - how should the centre contact look? From my Mini days the centre contact was spring loaded to contact the rotor, mine is not spring loaded and is flush with the cap - is this right? or has it eroded? Any help appreciated.

Cheers, John.

johnross
18-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi All, Can't believe that no-one knows what the inside of the distributor cap should be like - whether mine is OK or not? - John.

Wh1teLeopard
18-11-2006, 07:26 PM
I'd tell you what mine looks like, but I daren't as my engine check light is on so if that's the cause of it I don't want to give you bad information.

Steve_M
19-11-2006, 07:40 AM
The centre contact should be spring loaded and stick out from the centre of the cap, as you would normally be familiar with, sounds as if yours cap has problems.

Cap/rotor problems seem to be quite common.

Plug Gap should be 1.1 mm

johnross
19-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Many thanks for that Steve, sounds like I need to invest in a new cap. - thanks - John.

johnross
29-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Steve, my local Honda agent has the cap as "currently unavailable, with no release date from Honda" - do you know where else I could try? John.

johnross
14-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Now have a new distributor cap - my local Honda dealer emailed me to say they now have one in stock (even though I didn't order one) - that's service!