PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Speakers

upbeat
12-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Anyone know how to remove the Dashboard Speakers?? ;)

Wh1teLeopard
13-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Yup

You have to take the dash out. Then unbolt the two 10mm nuts holding them to the dash!

upbeat
13-12-2006, 03:15 AM
Thanx. Any idea what the dash looks like without the speakers?

Wh1teLeopard
13-12-2006, 04:19 PM
I'll try find you a picture

Wh1teLeopard
13-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I couldn't find a picture, but I found a video lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aFW0Die3vU

upbeat
13-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanx. I watched that and a couple by Tatukaze-there doesn't seem to be any leftover marks from the missing speakers (although the video is not that clear) shouldn't there be holes from the bolts that hold them there?
I think the dash looks great without the speakers-ENORMOUS space (haha).

adrianp
13-12-2006, 04:50 PM
The dash speakers were an option with the 120w stereo (40w only had door speakers) so the holes were only made if they were fitted.

Not sure about filling the holes without it showing too much but if you do remove them, I'm sure there will be someone on here wanting to buy them...

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
13-12-2006, 06:09 PM
It's true.

They were optional extras with the high end stereo. So not all beats had them.

When I took them off my dash to cover it there holes weren't that noticeable. You would only see them if you looked through the windscreen from the outside I reckon.

Like Adrian says you could always fill them in, paint it grey.

upbeat
14-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Thanx for those messages. I didn't realize they were an option. I don't think I'll remove them unless I can think of a creative way to fill the holes, like latte holders or something.

Beat Red
10-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I have the dash speakers on my Beat. The both make very little sound. It's just a little bit of a treble sound. I've switched the head unit to high to isolate them and turned the volume up high.
I don't know could this be a wiring issue? Am I missing somthing?

Thanks

Wh1teLeopard
13-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I think they are designed to only handle treble, with the doors doing a bit of everything and the bass speaker doing as it says on the tin the bass.

Mine only did treble too anyway.

Do they still do the treble?

Beat Red
13-04-2008, 03:19 PM
They do...not very loudly though. Really big units to jyst do that one little job. But I gyess that makes sense, The stock door speakers are just one way paper cone devices. I replaced those with some Pioneer 2 way
units. The dash really had me confused. Thanks to you I'm ss so now.

Thanks

Steve_M
14-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I have the dash speakers on my Beat. The both make very little sound. It's just a little bit of a treble sound. I've switched the head unit to high to isolate them and turned the volume up high.
I don't know could this be a wiring issue? Am I missing somthing?

Thanks

More likely that the speakers them selves are buggered. they get roasted in the sun on the dash and with age as well. most likely not working.

Wh1teLeopard
14-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a good theory Steve. Mine were all brittle to touch. The seals between the cones had dried off the cones. So would make sense as to why they're so quite.

I intend to replace the speakers some time, I'll have to update this thread if I find any aftermarket ones that fit. :)

Beat Red
14-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for your tips. I guess I'll leave them there as dash objects. I think my car was left in the sun...it's red and son of the plastic bits have changed colour and or faded.
I can only imagine the sun blasting down on those dash speakers through the lense that is the windshield.

Thanks for the help