PDA

View Full Version : The Beats boot

Robin
12-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Hi Guys I have a problem with the boot of my Beat. First of all i have no carpet for it and wondered if anyone had an idea of how to remedy this. The other problem is I dont have the little bit of metal the holds the boot lid up. Anyone know where I can get this from?

Cheers guys
Robin:)

Adam
13-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey Robin,

I was in wales recently and I went into halfords where they had boot carpets in the audio section of the shop. It was bout 20 pounds. You can cut it out yourself then. And the metal bit which holda the boot can be found in most old cars. Cut it, bend it, make it fit.

Midship
14-03-2003, 03:30 AM
Hi Robin

I got a broad loom mat from B&Q roughly the same colour and cut it to fit. I also cut some to fit the rear parcel shelf, it looks a hell of a lot better now. I am also missing the metal catch that holds the boot lid up, im going to bend a piece of metal to replace it when i get a chance

Steve_M
14-03-2003, 05:48 AM
It looks as if the boot carpet is not available from Honda uk, But the boot stay may well be.

Part number for the boot stay is 74872-SS1-000, Ill check availability and price for you and get back to you.

HTH

Robin
24-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey steve did you manage to find out the price for the boot stay.
i know this was an old podt but it suddenly occurred to me that my boot still needs to be sorted. i need to get that carpet done too.

adrianp
24-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Hi Robin,

I've got one you can have...

I've now got a nice annodised Blue one instead so have a normal one thats going spare at the moment...

Adrian.

Robin
25-07-2003, 01:38 AM
you are an absolute star. If you let me know ur address ill send the cash up to you. How much would you like? i really appreciate that mate.its a nightmare trying to hold it up while doing stuff in the boot.
Cheers
Robin

adrianp
25-07-2003, 11:00 AM
How much would I like??? Dangerous question....

I'll drop you a message with all the details shortly once I've sorted out the postage etc,

Adrian.