PDA

View Full Version : Kids

Adam
15-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Here is something that happened to me yesterday.

I was driving through the main street in Dublin city center with my top down when the light turned red. I was looking in my rear view mirror when a car pulled behind me. It was packed with men.
Well, short story shorter, when the light changed I got hit with a 2L bottle of club which covered the whole car - seats, windows, myself and my girlfriend.

I think I'll buy my self a Fiat Uno instead.

Midship
15-03-2003, 11:07 PM
It’s amazing how jealous some people are.. Ive had the aerial snapped off my car so many times-ive decided to get an internal one! I know its hard but try not let it get to you, it could always be worse, ive heard of people throwing paint stripper over cars.. Hopefully that will never happen to any of us

tinytim
15-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Don't do the Uno! I just had one as a hire car,,,,crap from bumper to bumper.
Sounds like it wasn't just the light that turned green.

Midship
15-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Id agree with you about uno`s.. i think adam was having a cheap dig at me cos he knows im driving one, while im sorting out the engine on my beat :D

Adam
16-03-2003, 03:18 AM
Don't put it down, the Fire Uno is not too bad. Be greatfull. Sorry John I just couldn't help it.

Uno- A rental? I am shocked. Did they run out of trolleys?
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 40MPH Tee hee!!!!

adrianp
16-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear about this Adam,

Hope you were both OK...

Did you get their number plate??? as obviously it was a criminal offence against yourself... (assault with a weapon???)

I'm sure some people just don't know better though as I went out to mine the other morning to find a loverly dent in the side of the bonnet with a nice footprint still showing in the dirt..... (Note to self... Must wash it more often...)

I've managed to pop most of it out but it has crazed the paint work slightly and the top bit will have to be removed professionally (more expense) when I have time to get it done...

Don't let it get you down, and don't let it make you change the car otherwise they will have won (wether they know it or not...)

Talk soon

Adrian
:bounce:

Adam
16-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Thanks Adrian,

No number plate, I was in shock and boiling. I am not changing the car but I find that I can't park it anywhere, I am always going out and checking if its fine.
A couple of weeks ago someone pushed a metal bin on top of the bumper and scratched it.

I had a Fiat Bambino and what they use to do is turn it over on the roof. I am now waiting for that now.

Dave
18-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Hi Adam,

Really sorry to hear about that - cant believe that people would be so shi**y :(

I cant count the number of times I have parked outside a shop or petrol station and come back to find the car covered in spit!

I thought it was just a Limerick thing. Most people like the car but I do get the occasional-

"Hey sham - sell me your car?"
"Ah ... No."
"Well I'll just steal it then!"

It is really depressing but being hit with a bottle MUST be an offence :explode:

Listen don't let it get you down - I hope yourself and your girlfriend can enjoy a drive with the roof down - idiots with small brains will ALWAYS be just that!

Best regards buddy!

Dave

Adam
18-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks Dave,

I am boiling again as my mum just pointed out that someone has keyed the whole length of my car and the bonnet.

I don't mind cos my brother can paint it again but its tha hassle that is annoying me.

Will they ever learn?

john m
19-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Things down my direction, Carlow, are not like that at all. There are a few thugs but they don't seem to vent their frustration/jealousy out on cars. But as I will be moving to Dublin soon I suppose I better watch out.

Adam
19-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi John,

Don't get me wrong its not that bad. I just have the worst luck ever. I parked my car in a very good area but little thugs are everywere.

Just noticed Post No 1,000-Tee Hee

UltraViolet
19-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Bit of a worry all this envy damage aimed at Beats ...... I am a Honda enthusiast and own a few Hondas already ...... thinking of adding a Beat to the collection - do other UK owners find their cars attract this sort of unwanted attention more than other sporty Hondas????