PDA

View Full Version : Hood Studs

Robin
19-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Can anyone give me a part number for the two bolt/studs either side of the hood that you clip on. I mean the ones that are actually screwed into the car on the upright pillar, as one of mine has broken and my car now looks like it has wings
Cheers Guys

Steve_M
19-03-2003, 08:31 PM
There are two types dependant on chassis number.

Early Type: Up to chassis no. 1027197

90307-SS1-003 @ £6.28 Each.

Late Type: chassis no. 1027198 on

90308-SS1-013 @ £2.24 Each.
(these are the same as the poppers which go round the edge of the roof)

If you require the part that goes on the actual roof that clips on to these the early type is now discontinued and you have to change it over to the later type.

HTH

michael
19-03-2003, 09:52 PM
You can buy this knobs and screws in every shop for sailing equipement. This system is called TENAX. :)

Steve_M
02-04-2003, 08:07 PM
I have sourced some of the roof front attachments from a supplier other than Honda.

And have now some for sale. (See pic)

Item A = Peg on bodywork (male, screw in) @ £1.50 each

Item B = Popper on hood (female, attached with ring) @ £3 each

Buy a full set (e.g. 2 of A and 2 of B) @ £8

All prices include First Class post.

Reply, PM or email steve@honda-beat.co.uk

john m
03-04-2003, 10:12 AM
I got a new hood and tonneau cover a while back and neither uses the pegs, now its just another screw like the others on the roof and the equivalent popper.

Robin
03-04-2003, 05:55 PM
PM sent steve

Andy V
03-05-2004, 09:19 AM
After yesterday's top-down drive I've a couple of things to sort out with regard to the roof.

Having forgotten to unclip the off-side when putting the roof down - an act of gross incompetence on my part - a peg sheared in the popper so I need some more (PM sent already).

In addition to this, while we we're driving along, part of the near-side tonneau fixing clip came apart and disappeared off down the road, never to be seen again. Presumably it was already loose and we hadn't noticed.

So, does anyone know how I can obtain a replacement for the tonneau cover clip too? I've attached a photograph of the bit concerned.

Thanks,

Andy.

Paul w
03-05-2004, 11:26 AM
I've got a very tatty tonneau cover if thats any help?

Not sure if its an original though.

I'm also going to be taking the clips out for an interior cover soon, anyone want them?

PW

Steve_M
03-05-2004, 07:43 PM
The fixings on the tonneau cover are the same as the ones that are on the roof (Item B)

Ok, the ones I can supply look slightly differant on the out side but they attach to the same pegs on the body as the roof does

Andy V
03-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Steve_M
The fixings on the tonneau cover are the same as the ones that are on the roof (Item B)

Ok, the ones I can supply look slightly differant on the out side but they attach to the same pegs on the body as the roof does

A very good point.

In that case please up my order to two full sets please Steve. Slightly over-ordering I know but I'll have a few spare bits to hand that way.

Let me know by PM if you'd like to add a paypal surcharge and I'll transfer you the dosh ASAP.

Thanks,

Andy.

(PS: Paul; thanks for the offer of the tonneau. I'll try the replacement fixing route first though).

julia21
28-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Any one got the produce code for the hood pegs?