PDA

View Full Version : Engine question

Beat Red
20-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm a new Beat owner.
My Beat has a few little issues that I'd like to try to correst this winter.
The first issue is on cols starts. The Car just starts and rev's at about 12oo rpm's. It doesn't seem to go through the normal Honda 2000-2500 rpm warm up then settle down to 1200 rpms.
The second issue is in top gear the cer is a little jumpy as if the throtle is on and then off. These might both be sensor issues of some sort.

Any comments?

Steve (AKA Beat Red)

Wh1teLeopard
20-11-2007, 10:39 PM
The stop start judder on the top gear is probably your restricter.

What speed are you doing? They are restricted to 180km/h which it inforces by cutting the power, then putting it back on when you drop below speed.

Beat Red
21-11-2007, 12:20 AM
The stop start judder on the top gear is probably your restricter.

What speed are you doing? They are restricted to 180km/h which it inforces by cutting the power, then putting it back on when you drop below speed.

Thaks for your help

It happems well under that at 100 to 120Kph. Just anytime I'm in top gear. It doesn't feel like a power cutout I've felt that.

And the restricter is what part. It might be word usege. I not really familar with it.

Plus my car is away fir the winter cozy in its garage.

Steve (Beat Red)

Beat Red
07-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Well Beat Red is out of it's winter home.... and the drivability issues are still there.
Works that I've done so far is:
Oil change
Cleaned engine compartment
Refreshed ECU condensors.
Looking for Ideas. Seems to happen at most speeds in top gear. And sometimes 4th if the conditions are right.
Hmmmm look'n for help