PDA

View Full Version : date of manufacture

yorkshireman
11-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Can anyone help me with any information on how to find the date of manufacture of my Beat? I have an Email address for someone at Honda Japan and I sent an Email last week enclosing all the info I have on my car but as yet I have heard nothing. DVLA will not give me a Reg No. without a date (although they have taken my money for the tax and registration). Needless to say I am a little bit annoyed at having the car sat in the garage unable to use it.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yorkshireman.

Mylee
11-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Have you not got an export cert? Kei cars very rarely get an exact manufacturing date when they are exported, normally it is just given as the year. In which case the DVLA just presume 1st Jan of that year.
I tried to get an exact manufacturing date for my car when I imported it last year, but couldn't get any information out of Honda, either UK or Japan. They seem very reluctant to put anything 'offical' in writing.
Many have established the date of their cars by stamps or manufacturing dates on parts of the car, however this won't hold much water with the DVLA.
If you do get anywhere with Honda Japan, I'd be interested in the contact details please.

yorkshireman
11-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Have you not got an export cert? Kei cars very rarely get an exact manufacturing date when they are exported, normally it is just given as the year. In which case the DVLA just presume 1st Jan of that year.
I tried to get an exact manufacturing date for my car when I imported it last year, but couldn't get any information out of Honda, either UK or Japan. They seem very reluctant to put anything 'offical' in writing.
Many have established the date of their cars by stamps or manufacturing dates on parts of the car, however this won't hold much water with the DVLA.
If you do get anywhere with Honda Japan, I'd be interested in the contact details please.

Hi Mylee. Unfortunately my car came to UK on a temporary Reg. no. (125 QW) and should have gone back in 2003 but the owner left it here when she returned. Customs & Excise were happy to take my money for import duty and as I said DVLA have accepted £175 of my money to register and tax the car then sent me a letter to say that they could not issue a Reg. no. without a date of manufacture. I have been to Leeds office twice to try to register it and on the second visit it was following a phone call in which I was told that they would give me a no. based on 1st of May 1991 which was when they started production. I was very surprised to receive a second letter telling me I needed a date of manufacture. If I get any joy from Japan I will send you the Email address that I have. Cheers, Yorkshireman.

Mylee
11-06-2008, 10:51 PM
If the date of manufacture can't be established then the DVLA should issue you a dateless registration :D , unfortuneately this could be a Q - I'm not sure of the upto date rules.

Wh1teLeopard
12-06-2008, 11:42 AM
People here used to save the tag on your seatbelt gives you the date of manufacture

yorkshireman
13-06-2008, 08:59 AM
People here used to save the tag on your seatbelt gives you the date of manufacture

Hi, I've looked at that before and couldn't make any sense of it but I will ring Honda UK and ask them. Cheers.Yorkshireman.

yorkshireman
08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I have at last found the date of manufacture of my Beat. After months of faffing about with Emails to Japan etc. I rang Honda UK yesterday and spoke to Samantha in customer relations, she rang me back within the hour with the date and confirmation arrived in the post this morning. If you need to ring Honda ask for her by name, I love her!

Mylee
08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I have at last found the date of manufacture of my Beat. After months of faffing about with Emails to Japan etc. I rang Honda UK yesterday and spoke to Samantha in customer relations, she rang me back within the hour with the date and confirmation arrived in the post this morning. If you need to ring Honda ask for her by name, I love her!

Excellent stuff :)