PDA

View Full Version : Bhf Charity Event

jcs
10-04-2003, 07:48 PM
BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION CHARITY EVENT

We're having a charity event on Sunday 1 June to support the British Heart Foundation - "Heart-Beat", "The Beat Goes On..." and like that.

It's at Chatsworth House near Bakewell, Derbyshire and we plan to meet up somewhere nearby and drive there in convoy to rally at the House on Sunday morning.

For anyone wanting an overnight Saturday, we've got a number of rooms tentatively booked (until April 30) at the Alfreton Travel Lodge near M1 J28 - £42.95 twin, room only. Let Chris know soon if you want one. We'll arrange a drive around Derbyshire on the Saturday afternoon ending with a pub meal for anyone staying over.

Email chris@ukhbc.com if you're interested - the more Beats the merrier - everyone welcome. If you'd like to get a bit of sponsorship for the run, so much the better. Forms can be provided - just ask.

BHF CHARITY EVENT

jcs
01-06-2003, 07:57 PM
An EXCELLENT weekend with a good turnout Saturday and Sunday.

9 Beats (+ my CTR) on Saturday and everyone seemed to enjoy the drive round Derbyshire (even if the food was a bit average). I'm sure Matlock Bath came as a huge delight to our more southerly bretheren!! For those who hadn't twigged, tail-end charlie (me) and red (well ... silver) leader (Chris) were "rubber-ducking" with a pair of loaned walkie-talkies. How else did you think we kept such a tight (*@&#@*) formation!?

15 Beats (+ CTR hack!) at Chatsworth Sunday and very pleasant weather too. I reckon we lost a good half dozen helium-filled balloons - will anyone finding one please return it to ....

Thanks to all who came, especially the long-distance runners. Hope all got home safe, particularly "knocker" Manser!

Next event is Castle Combe Sat 14 June. Contact Chris for passes.

John and Chris

Steve_M
01-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Home Safely, 5 1/2 hrs (no stops). noises getting worse,

Was really good to see so many beats at one time. let hope we can get together like that reguliarly (annually???)

With a Tan (south of france styley)

Steve_M
01-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Oh nearly forgot!!

Photos

jcs
01-06-2003, 11:25 PM
Steve's beaten you to it Ade!

jcs
01-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Ah ... well ... actually he hasn't has he! Missed it by about 20 minutes. better luck next time Steve!