PDA

View Full Version : Delimited Beat

Robin
11-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey guys.
I was pulilng my beat apart yesterday to get to the Fuel Pum Relay when i saw a box with SLD on it and its one of those speed limit defenser ones which means the car has been delimited doesnt it?

WHat i wanted to know is was the car limited to 84mph for safety reasons or was it just for Jap law?

I dont want to push the little engine too hard and make it break.
WHat do you think?

Cheers
Rob

Tamsin Nunley
11-04-2003, 12:55 PM
As far as I know (or rather what I've been swotting up on off these boards) it was just so it could fit into the Japanese C classification, or whatever you call it.

But don't take my word for it, as I'm a bit of a newbie to these motors :)

Midship
14-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Out of interest robin, dose your engine management light work? Mine had a speed delimiter fitted on my beat when I got it; The previous owner took the engine check bulb out because the delimiter kept the engine check light on.

I had my car at about 155 a few times and it was fairly steady. The 1992+ 1.6 DOHC Civic came out of Japan limited to 100MPH and they are well capable of more than that, the Japanese are fairly strict.

I had taken the delimiter off and had intended putting it back on, but thinking about it now we dont have the roads for anything over 84MPH in Ireland.

If anyone wants to put it on a switch or something, so it wont keep the engine check light on, its yours for £30 STG any takers? PM me!

Robin
15-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi John.
No my engine light doesnt come on. Haven't had that problem.
I wonder why your light use to come on and mine never has? I know the light works coz it comes on every time the ignition is switched on.
Thats a bit of a weird one then