PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release steering wheel

aj17ay
22-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi

Has anybody fitted a quick release steering system on their beat?

Which one's have people used?

Momo? Do they do a Beat specific?

RS Mach/SSI Factory?

Cheers

Ajay

TADO
22-10-2008, 05:07 PM
hi aj17ay
ive got a momo wheel with a QR boss on mine - it works very well. ive had it about 10 months now and had no probs at all. the boss is very similar to the rsmach/ssi ones, but came from driftworks. heres the link to it:
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products/driftworks-60mm-race-quick-release-steering-spacer.html
ive also fitted one of the ssi short steering bosses tho as the QR boss brought the wheel a bit too close for my liking with the standard momo boss.
HTH!

aj17ay
29-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Tado

Thanks for the link, really appreciate that!

so I can get the driftworks quick release (link above) and it will go perfectly into the OEM Beat steering boss and the a MOMO steering wheel will fit perfect??

I've been reading threads, and just to clarify a 92 civic short boss if I need one, would be the right one for the beat?

Cheers

ps. you got a really good beat blog! enjoyed reading most of how you transformed your beat! :-)

Wh1teLeopard
29-10-2008, 07:46 PM
The civic boss will fit fine, only thing I noticed was there is some of the shaft exposed as the plastic cowling wasn't quite long enough, but that might have been just the one I had, and if not I'm sure it must be possible to get some long enough and replace it. ;)

aj17ay
29-10-2008, 07:54 PM
cool,

so I can just get the quick release from driftworks and get a momo steering wheel and it will all be good?

Just planning to some temporary security when my beat comes in Nov.

TADO
29-10-2008, 08:32 PM
you would still need either a momo boss, or one of the bosses from RSMach etc as well as the driftworks boss. - the QR boss bolts on top of the existing momo-type boss.
thats why i went for the SSI boss as its a lot shorter than the momo i had originally.